Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Alternative Movement Suggestion

Save my thumb!
    Hi. I just started playing a few days ago but I am already addicted to PL. I would like to make a suggestion/request about the movement options. I am not a fan of click to move systems. I always click things I didnt intend to. The virtual joystick is ok but the constant pressure on my thumb gets to me. I would like a third option.

My idea is to use the tilt of the iPhone for left and right and replace the virtual joystick with two buttons. One button to toggle running forward on and off. The other to toggle running backward on and off. I ask for toggles so we wouldnt have to hold the button so long and also because the virtual joystick currently seems to 'forget' that my thumb is on it a lot. I am not asking for all movement to be controlled by the tilt because I have played other games like that and found it really awkward and had issues with glare.

Please understand that I am not asking to get rid of the current options which I am sure would be preferred by many. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!
    Last edited by APerfectCircle; 06-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.