Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would like to calmly add my voice and say that yes, I purchased 800 plat ($50) after being told that it would be good for both games.
    I *did* notice today that all the plat we've spent in the beta has been returned to the PL account.

No, I do *not* think it was a bait and switch, I'm sure the devs are very disappointed at this turn of events.

My suggestions at possible compromises:
    1) allow a one-time transfer of plat from PL to SL either now or after release
    2) split the plat purchased after whatever that cutoff date was evenly between the two games
    2a) this would probably have to be an option, in case people purchased for PL...maybe three options a)all to PL b) all to SL c) even split?
    3) something, anything, I realize that the devs probably found out about this like yesterday, and I trust they will find a solution, but it is already clear that many of their hardcore *paying* fanbase spent good money based on information given to them by Spacetime.

Imagine buying a gift card for K-Mart, and then when trying to redeem you are told it is only good for ladies intimate apparel.
    While that might be fine with the ladies (and probably a few of the guys), I'm guessing most would not be pleased with the switch.

I had something like 350 plat yesterday, now have 30 on SL and 600+ on PL.
    I appreciate, but have no need, for that amount of plat on PL.
    I would happily give up the 30 free, plus the 250+ refund if you could just make each account have 175.

Once again, I trust that the devs will find a way to make this right.
    It seems they made an effort, by refunding plat used on SL back into PL.
    A very reasonable thought, perhaps not realizing how many purchased with the specific intent of using that in SL.

Please try to remain calm and give them a chance to make this right.
    And keep in mind that it has been, as I write this, ONLY FOUR HOURS since Sam posted this...

I only hope (and pray like no atheist has ever prayed before) that this does not signal another change, namely that a full beta reset will be demanded...
    Last edited by SssoulSsshine; 08-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.