Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End of twinking?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default End of twinking?

I have always been against the choice that locking xp will disable kills, but got over it when I thought it was only intended for SL. Now that this change has been carted over to PL, I have to say that I'm quite a bit more distraught over it than I thought I would be, and I don't think I'm alone.

Now if you're new to twinking you should know that there is a large organization strictly for level 1 twinks you can read more about it HERE So it's pretty established, not to mention the gear only available via plat store that is now pretty useless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats# We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.
    So now how about the suggestion huh? I would never go against a GoA (you can read how this all got implemented HERE), but this idea never really hit home with me since it was all about getting meaning out of the leaderboard. My suggestion is that once xp is disabled then the toon is removed from the LB completely, never to be returned even is xp enabled again. I think this would serve as a dual purpose since the LB is pretty stuck as it is; it's going to be pretty impossible for anyone to catch some of the highest kill/death leaders without being able to disable xp. They did it and now it cannot be copied so they're pretty set. They disabled xp so they would be removed from the LB and whoever did it legit would take their rightful place in the LB hall of fame. As it is now, one would have to get to level 56 (or whever the end content level would be) and farm without a death in the highest dungeon the game has to offer. There is also now a set amount of kills that one can get on their journey, assuming you play solo and on the lowest dungeon possible throught the game.

Well that's my suggestion, there are players out there who are hanging on by a thread with PL as is and twinking may have been their saving grace. Removing it seems like a big leap just to make an already established list of boosters suddingly meaningful. If nothing else, STS should look at the plat sales of level 1 gear and think about how that well is going to run dry.

On a side note: Access to stash blocked for all toons below level 4. Can we please go back to completing a few quests and have access fix? There should be a way for level one toons to transfer things back and forth between other toons, please make a work around for this.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-25-2011 at 09:28 PM.