Thread: How much Armor actually protects - a Numa Prime Study!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    Raulur, I think you may be onto something. I have made significant edits to the original post based on additional testing. I still do not have all the answers, but I am starting to think that armor effectiveness depends entirely on the enemy being fought, with harder hitting enemies having their damage reduced faster than lighter hitting enemies.

Maybe Protection and Increase Mass are worth it after all, at least for the really bad guys...
    Have Increase Mass and live by it as I do alot of Guardian runs.. just before an initial clash between me and a vular or a mob this becomes a very effective skill to have.. even if its to hold of that initial damage to give you time to use your heavy hitting skills knocking them to the ground to get a one up on them and before they can attack yr Increase Mass is available to use again.

As for the moles im sure there are two different types which was more noticeable in defence, the one with metal kind of armour on their face seems to have alot more defence.. with a maxxed out com with full plat gear (repulsar rifle) I seem to be able to kill the lower lvl mole with 2-3 hits as in the mole with armour over their face takes a little longer 4-5 hits and seem to be able to take more life off when hit by one.. haven't got the exact dmg results with me but could easily be found out if needed. Maybe on the last two levels on Numa they have more of the second type of mole which seem to be heavier hitters or intact they are the same and sts has just made them stronger ect.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 08-29-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o