Thread: Nuri Dex Gear Comparo vs. Custom Recurve

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Nuri Dex Gear Comparo vs. Custom Recurve

Hey all....here is my stab at comparing the lvl 60 Glyph Obedience Autobow and Dagger/Shield sets against the lvl 55 Custom Recurve Set.

Assumptions/Facts:
    1. Lvl 61 Pure Dex build
    2. No ring or vanity, except for the +1 damage from my face (booyah!)
    3. Since Balefort Sewers mobs have ~120 armor, I used ~130 armor in the calculations
    4. This assumes you have auto attack going 100% of the time; not really realistic, but for calculation purposes to show the diffs in the sets, it is what it is
    5. This assumes you have lvl 6 Focus and hit it the instant it cools down. If so, you are under the Focus buff for 60% of the time for your Auto attacks
    6. Skill damages were figured with lvl 6 Blast Shot, Repulse Shot, Blinding Shot, and lvl 2 Avian Scream
    7. Due to individual cooldowns, GCD and just the little bit of time wasted targeting enemies or potting, I assumed 6 uses of each skill per minute except for Avian Scream which was 5 (cooldowns were 6-8 seconds per skill, each is 0.5 higher or lower than another skill). Again, maybe not super-realistic, but again it is mostly to compare the sets evenly
    8. I have a lot of equations hidden in the screenshot below, if anyone wants to see the file, PM me and I'll post it on a file hosting site.
    9. The numbers you generally see for 'totals' are for a 5 minute period.

This does not take buffs/debuffs into account, or combos. Finding those numbers out accurately would be a loooong test involving a lot of people.

Hope this helps you choose your set, depending on your budget!

P.S. Pls point out any disagreements/concerns/corrections with the above assumptions or any numbers you see are in error, I tried to make it as fair comparison-wise and accurate as possible.

Name:  Nuri.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  142.3 KB

Because it's kind of hard to read....
    Glyph Dagger/Wing of Obedience Set: 110,955 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Highest damage and armor overall. Lowest Range and base dmg. Lowest skill damage - barely. Best dodge, h/s, m/s"
    Glyph Autobow of Obedience Set: 107,198 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Good overall total damage, better armor than Cust. Longest Range, highest avg base damage. Highest Skill damage. Lowest dodge and h/s barely, decent m/s"
    Custom Recurve Set: 96,968 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Lowest overall total damage, lowest armor. Good Range, good avg base damage. Skill damage same as Dagger/Wing Set. Avg dodge, good h/s, lowest m/s"

Despite having the lowest or middle stats compared to the Obedience sets, the Custom Recurve Set holds up ok, considering that is a lvl 55 set and the other two are lvl 60.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 09-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage