The design and functionality of the consignment shop is really sort of clumsy. I mean, yeah, it gets the job done. But there has to be a better way. As it stands, you have to pay to list an item. The more time and the higher the price you list it for, the higher the cost of listing it, which I understand.

The main problem I have is in the guesswork. I have to try and figure out what someone might be willing to pay for an item, then list it for a fixed price (no way to barter on the price) and hope it sells before someone comes along and lists the same item for less. Then having to list it again, paying yet another listing fee, and dropping the price to compete with other people, risking profit.

Why not have an actual auction system where the buyers can bid what they're willing to pay? Charge the usual listing fee. Let the buyers compete over price, not the sellers. The highest bidder wins. The fees can be taken out of the final sale price based on a percentage. And the free market decides and tells you what an item is worth rather than having to guess. It just makes more sense.