Thread: Discussion: Should Every Class Switch To A Rifle At Bosses?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Discussion: Should Every Class Switch To A Rifle At Bosses?

Now, I know there's some benefits to each classes specific weapon type, from the fast blasting Operative, to the slow and steady AoE of a commando's cannon. But considering all the info on forums, most rifles pack a stronger punch, at an average speed, and have nice stat bonuses along with them. Their higher base damage does many things, overcomes a bosses armor easier, increases skill damage (and heals, I believe) , it can draw aggro for commandos from a single target with ease, and an Operative with 80+ crit (+6 precision, see the E.B.A. build.) can do some serious damge to a boss with simple auto attacks.

So my question is, what do you prefer to use at the level 5 boss in each campaign? They are all heavy hitters at their respective level. For me, I use rifles up to lv.20 even in mobs, no matter the class, just for the better skill damage and i find it adds to the survivability of a lowbie toon. After that i use sets with class specific weapons, and maybe the scavenger rifle or a plat rifle or two along the way for bosses. Now at lv.30 I have a build that benefits from either a class specific weapon in mobs to a rifle at a boss. Maybe some commandos prefer a pistol and shield at boss for single target, higher damage and the added armor and stats from the shield?

To be honest, I rarely bother switching off of my Deatomizers for the director because we waste him so fast anyway. And im usually grinding with a 3x combo on.. but I wanna hear what you guys do.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 09-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums