Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exclamation

Eh, I'm kind of with/against this idea.
    Let me explain:
    With:
    This is a good suggestion, implying if a good friend needed a temporary gear/set to farm their own gear.
    I especially like the auto-return+time limit system and being a personal witness of what happened to Paaahud, I can't agree more. However people may eventually want an implementation for charges for loans. There will eventually be an abuser about this system and find a loophole through it. But for the early times it is implemented, I would be happy to see it.

Against:
    However if you think about it more, the ulterior motive to getting loaned a set is basically you cannot get your own gear.
    With elixirs and platinum buyables, the game is already pretty easy. Now think if you could get any gear you want, as a free loan from people. Heck, why not make a permanent loan deal? This idea practically takes the meaning away from "farming". Yet again, people will still eventually have their own sets, become un-generous, and the whole system would be less used.

As I stated, many different opinions on this.
    As a final opinion, I suppose you could do this loaning thing, however with a PRICE. Just so people would have a motive for lending out, not because only they want to be generous, but want to earn some extra money.
    Following this, the guild stash again. Perhaps the guild stash would be sort of a lending thing for the items in there to all members.
    To prevent abuse, both loaning+guild stash systems should have a one loan per two days or something, to prevent any crazy loaning. Also with the guild stash, anyone who leaves the guild will have all loaned items automatically returned to the guild stash.

And before I go, consider two more abuse possibilities:

Example A:
    Whirl: Ha Wound, my darkbolt wand pwns your broken bow!
    Wound: Nooo, I hate you!
    Whirl: I hate you too!
    <Whirl logs off and creates new character: Mrniceguy>
    Mrniceguy: Wound, may I get a loan for your COMPLETE Demonic Glyph XBOW Set?
    Wound: Well, you do seem like a nice guy...sure!
    Mrniceguy: ROFL! Tricked you! /sells whole set to NPC and logs off

Example B:
    Whirl: Hey Wound, can you loan me your XRAY Visor transported from SL?
    Wound: Sure buddy, just don't sell it okay?
    Whirl: I won't
    Hanko: Hey Whirl, nice helm. I'll buy it for 50mil!
    Whirl: Sorry, can't sell! It's a loan!
    Hanko: <grins evil grin> Oops, did I say 50mil? I meant 500mil!
    Whirl: OH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDDDD ILLDOITILLDOITILLDOIT!
    Later...
    Wound: Whirl, can I have my Visor back now?
    Whirl: Uhhhh.......I got hacked by Gold Fever?;D
    Wound: <groans> Not again...

-You would need to have a lock on the item to prevent any trading, liquidating, stashing, or moving between characters! Just a huge lockdown. Also, no upgrading into Demonic/Enchanted/Custom/Fortified Sets either. Developers would have to think of every possibility.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 09-26-2011 at 09:39 PM.