Thread: FEEDBACK: Luck Elixirs/Enhancers are Evil?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default FEEDBACK: Luck Elixirs/Enhancers are Evil?

EDIT: as of the newest Luck upgrade to include pinks, these 100% Luck Enhancers need to be abolished. I'm changing my opinion from just feedback to adamant opposition. This is a warning of what will happen come the next level cap if these remain.

--

Just to let you all know, I've always been a critic of Plat-purchased advantages in-game.

When PL first came out and I had to pay for campaigns, I loved it! And when vanities appeared, I gladly dished out some cash for a nice decorative helm. However, when they completely changed the Elixir system, things started to go downhill in terms of player-quality and skill (in my humble opinion.)

--

But let's get to the point, shall we! I'm not saying I'm right, but here's the issue as I see it.

1. The game revolves foremost upon the in-game economy, including in-game currency and non-Platinum gear. Prices depend on supply/demand, upcoming content, etc. Besides leveling, everybody strives to obtain the best gear or make money.

2. Until the elixir update, this economy was the only area we couldn't easily "buy our way through." Xp/damage elixirs make leveling easy, requiring no skill. But with old luck elixirs well-balanced out, and the plat-to-gold rate not worth it, the economy was almost independent of the Plat system. This is the way it should be.

3. In the past, the droprate was an area everybody was equal on. No matter if you could do runs faster or more of them, everybody always had the same chance to get an item. (I say this because Luck elixirs were so minimal in effect in the past.) My confirmed fear is that these beefed-up Luck pots will create a HUGE imbalance in the Droprate and Economy, favoring Plat-purchasers. I think that, if anything, this one area of the game should be the area where everyone is equal and cannot buy their way through.

-

Because of changes since I've made this thread, this is a necessity. I support and devs, and I have tons of Plat-purchasing friends who are extremely skilled. However, this is a major problem. I'm not just thinking about me, as I could purchase Platinum if I wanted. It's about the SL (and possibly PL) economy in general, and I love this game and want to see it thrive.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 11-19-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Gandalf有evel 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed有evel 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightarcher For This Useful Post: