Thread: Suggestion: Evening out elixirs through speed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Suggestion: Evening out elixirs through speed.

With the new campaign and everyone rushing to get to level cap, a lot of 4x or combo elixirs are being spent. I haven't had the chance to top-up my platinum yet, so I've been running elixir-free from 61-62.

As a bear, my main peeve is not being able to use my Beckon skill properly, especially since everything would be dead before I could get into range. IMO, it's not the damage from the combo elixirs, it's the speed which the elixired people move.

That said, I would like to suggest a way to allow everyone in the group to participate even when they aren't on elixirs. We know that a big issue is the ruining of the game by the elixirs. Hopefully this would slowly remedy that.

It's simple, a free equivalent speed elixir if the majority of the group has it on. Speed only, nothing more. If 3 out of the 5 group members have a maximum speed elixir on, the remaining two who don't would get a free maximum speed elixir while part of the group. If only two out of the three have it, then there is no such effect. This would just allow everyone in the team to participate in elixir runs, even without using elixirs.

Inversely, if elixired players join a non-elxired run, then the inverse happens. If three out of the five members do not have a speed elixir on, the remaining two lose the speed buff only. Just like the previous suggestion, this would conform them to the majority of the group.

I know, it's giving out a free speed elixir and on the other hand it's removing a paid for speed elixir, but if playing in a group, wouldn't it be beneficial to everyone if each member could participate equally? IMO, it'd be sad if two out of five members are just lagging behind because they can't keep up with speed, while on the other situation, three out of five members are the ones lagging behind because the other two have the speed buff.

Hopefully my point was clear. If not, please let me know

TL;DR: Make everyone in the group move at the same speed, whether faster with elixirs or normal speed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.