Thread: SL on 3DS? It could work!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default SL on 3DS? It could work!

Since I got one recently, I was thinking why not? After successfully porting SL to Chrome and with PL coming to Chrome, it could be done.

Just porting the Xperia Play interface to the 3DS and modifying it a bit is the easiest option. What can also be done is to create a system-specific interface which takes advantage of the system's touch screen for menu (opened with the Start button) and menu buttons. Top screen for gameplay, skill layout on the right, and minimap overlay. When the menu is not open the touch screen would have emotes, pots, and a toggle for the minimap. Select can be used to Exit level, at which point the touch screen changes to character select options and stuff. L and R would flip skills like the Play, B for auto attack. Chat can be done through a software keyboard.

The system has unrestricted WiFi access for games and does not require friend codes for internet access like the DS and Wii. Why not have SL as a free download in the Nintendo eShop? Just have it connect to the character database from the rest of the versions.

Of course plat would be a bit hard to set up. I dunno how that would work out, but I'm sure the gameplay would work at least.

What do the rest of you think? Devs care to comment?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-22-2011 at 12:28 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange