Thread: No drive for endgame (semi long read)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Default No drive for endgame (semi long read)

Meh, had a short talk with a buddy of mine on what level twink I should do next and he suggested I get my main, Lowlyspy, to 65 before I do anymore twinks. Currently Lowly is 56 and personally I have no interest in endgame content. There are too many people only running with a 4x potted group for xp runs or farming. No one is ever up for a "just for fun" run under our own power, not the false power of an elixer. The sheer amount of recycled content also deters me from any endgame running.

I joined PL during the Age of the Trials (Trials of the Galactic Overlord, now known as AO3) and when I was working on my first toon every new campaign gave new views to look at and new monsters providing new obstacles to overcome. When I finally made it to the level that allowed me to access the Trials (now AO3) I was absolutely blown away by the sheer epicocity of the dungeon design, monsters, and items. I quickly got my toon capped out at 50 and anticipated the 56 level cap increase with high hopes. After a month of waiting finally the update I was waiting for appeared.....and dashed my hopes entirely.

I got into the sewers as quickly as I could to see what kind of obstacles were coming my way but to my dismay it didnt provide anything too new, overall it reminded me of balefort. After about 3 runs through the hideout I put PL down and didn't touch it for a month. After a month I decided to pick the game back up and give the sewers a second chance. Though it still bored me to no end I forced myself to do run after run until I managed to make it to 54 before the 61 level cap came out.

After Nuri's hit the open servers I did runs until 55 and hit the same issue I hit with the sewers, just one bore after another, and gave up on endgame content all together.

Shortly after the "Crazy XP" was announced I did some runs and managed to get myself to 56 but again boredom got the best of me and I gave up on endgame once again.

After 2 boring campaigns back to back I have no drive to even get leveled enough to try my hand at Mt. Fang. So far the Trials truly were the golden age of design in PL, so much so that I would prefer to relive the glory days in earlygame content than even waste my time working for endgame.

If anyone thinks they can change my view then please step forward and show me what I am missing, but as for right now the pictures I have seen of Mt. Fang again remind me of balefort. If these unoriginal creations keep up it won't be long before I completely give up on the game I have enjoyed for almost a year now and put it down for good.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post: