Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Switching teams penalized with a death

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I find it rather ironic you of all people area making a thread about having balanced teams after the way you disagreed with every single point I made in another thread about having team balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Say you're in a 2 vs 1 in your favor, and someone joins...and they join your team, making it 3 vs 1. Happens all the time. Instead of having the 1 kid leave making it 3 vs 0 and a waste of time, I usually leave the game and join the other team. Unfortunately, every time this happens I get a death. I don't get why leaving the game to make things fair penalizes me. It just further promotes unfair teams if you're going to get a death, something you're trying to avoid, for trying to be a good sport.
    Remember when you said this to me?

"If you see a team of 3 vs a team of 0...then leave. You don't have to join. If you join 3 vs 1, I don't know what else you expect to happen."

Just wondering why all of a sudden you have jumped the fence.

I'm sure STS is working on a way to better balance teams and a penalty system, just thought I'd throw this into the mix.
    Again something I mentioned was an issue in another thread and you responded with the above statement.

While I am pro 'rushing', a term I still believe to be fabricated in the minds of people who can't handle defeat,
    It is a term we have discussed with heated debate and you personally have made a point of bringing up any time you can. This is the definition of rushing on wikipedia. It's not a term people in SL have made up.

Rush (video games)
    - this also describes the masses of hundreds of players in massive, unorganized squabble in effort to win by gross numerical superiority. In these contexts, it is also known as Swarming, Cheese, Mobbing, Goblin Tactics or Zerging

On topic, I have always been a fan of having even teams which I have stated numerous times. Having a feature in game to prevent a team with numbers taking advantage of another team would be simple. Have a " Ready " button. Which I have already stated in other PvP threads.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 12-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance