Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding: Absence of Guardians of Alterra

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Default Regarding: Absence of Guardians of Alterra

First off, I think we need some more Guardians; so lets get to that.

Based on just my view and correct me if I am wrong, we have a lot of Guardians either gone, or inactive.

The bolded Guardians of Alterra below are Gone or Inactive based on my view:

Inducted 2/11/11: Yanis, Kalielle, Orei, Physiologic, Royce, Arterra, Snakespeare, FluffNStuff, KingRichie

Inducted 2/25/11: RedRyder, DanielRH

Inducted 3/25/11: ChadM, Wrap

Inducted 4/8/11: Mysticaldream

Inducted 4/25/11: Ellyidol, Apollo

Inducted 5/6/11: Redbridge, Ayrilana

Inducted 6/16/11: CowboyJim, DawnInfinity, Petrichor

Inducted 7/31/11: WoundedEagle, Otukura

Inducted 9/20/11: JaytB, CrimsonTider, StompArtist, Conradin

Inducted 10/7/11: NavyGreen, Darkfader

Lets take a closer look at Guardian of Alterra activeness based individually:

-Apollo: On everyday, super active on forums and in-game.

-Arterra: Out of control with bad wireless connection; activity is early morning, around 6 eastern for chatbox and few posts. Not active in-game.

-Ayrilana: In-active on forums and in-game.

-ChadM: Last activity on forums was 09-22-2011 08:15 PM. Not active on forums nor in-game.

-Conradin: Active in-game and on forums. On everyday.

-CowboyJim: Not so active on forums. Posts every few days 3-6 day increments. Not known to be currently super active in-game.

-CrimsonTider: Active everyday on forums. Also active in-game a lot.

-DanielRH: Currently posted that they are taking a break. Active on forums and briefly in-game.

-DarkFader: I believe he is active in-game and on forums partially.

-DawnInfinity: Not active on forums nor in-game. Peaks on forums every now and again.

-Ellyidol: Active on forums everyday. Not so active in-game to my knowledge.

-FluffNStuff: Active on forums. Not active in-game.

-JaytB: Posts about once a day. Not so active in-game.

-Kalielle: Not active on forums; posts every few days. Not active in-game to my knowledge.

-KingRichie: Recently made a thread saying hello. Came on that day and hasn't been on since. Not active in-game nor forums.

-Mysticaldream: I think he's active in-game. Not way too active on forums, but still here; posts everyday.

-NavyGreen: Hit Guardian and hasn't been seen since shortly after that. Not active on forums nor in-game.

-Orei: Last activity on forums was 04-13-2011 06:11 PM. Was seen in-game farming kills. Not active. (Still Guardian?)

-Otukura: Active in-game everyday and active on forums everyday.

-Petrichor: Active in-game and partially on forums (Doesn't post much).

-Physiologic: Not active in game. Got StarGuard and hasn't been active on forums since 10-23-2011 07:37 AM. Not active.

-Redbridge: Not super active in-game, pops in every now and again. Posts everyday. Active on forums.

-RedRyder: Active on forums everyday. Partially active in-game.

-Royce: Sadly gone from forums and game. No activity on forums since 03-24-2011 05:17 PM. Not active at all.

-StompArtist: Plans to quit soon due to the way STS is rolling. Has been active on forums, I am unaware about in-game, but would say not active.

-WoundedEagle(Me): Ehh. Active on forums everyday and active on my Twink appropriately named, Twink, everyday for short periods of time.

-Wrap: Not active on forums since 11-19-2011 07:52 PM (Woh, Wrap was on in November?). Not active at all.

-Yanis: Posts every few days. Not active in-game to my knowledge. Never made Mt. Fang Pink Guide (Drewcapu did).

So are most active people and the best models of a Guardian at this moment, based on activity in-game and on forums are:

-Apollo
    -Conradin
    -CrimsonTider
    -DanielRH
    -DarkFader
    -Otukura
    -RedRyder
    -Not going to say me because that would be cocky.

People active during December at all:

-Apollo
    -Arterra
    -Conradin
    -CowboyJim
    -DanielRH
    -DarkFader
    -DawnInfinity
    -Ellyidol
    -FluffNStuff
    -JaytB
    -Kalielle
    -KingRichie
    -MysticalDream
    -Otukura
    -Petrichor
    -RedBridge
    -RedRyder
    -StompArtist
    -WoundedEagle
    -Yanis

Suggestions, in no particular order:

-Siejo
    -NecroReaper
    -Gluttony
    -Noobmigo
    -WhoIsThis
    .... I started searching around then realized none others came to mind...

This thread may be useless or look bad. But I don't think people nor STS realize how much the ideal program of Guardians of Alterra, the highest rank in the community one player can get to, has gone down the drain.

For those who want to be one, it isn't about the rewards (Just a shield and forum title), it's about changing the community for the better in a different way. To be honest, I believe I was made one for how much I reported. I was an in-game police. I changed my attitude when I got it, and when the shut down the old report system that I loved. Now that I am one, I am less active, less social in-game, I have less fun in-game, I get more questions that people should ask themselves first, and I lost what I did all of that for. I didn't want to be a Guardian, just wanted to help the way no one else was.

So, my point is, we need to strengthen this program fast before it dies. The reason why so many Guardians quit, is because we know STS and we know Pocket Legends inside and out (not to be cocky or pretentious). I think the reason is that we just know where it is and where it is headed when we see the potential and possibilities of the game and STS.

Happy Holidays,

-we.....

P.S. I am not to acquainted with every Guardian, so please feel free to correct me. Also, post some suggestions... We haven't gotten new Guardians since October.
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 12-17-2011 at 12:09 AM.