Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: GoA Enhancements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Lightbulb GoA Enhancements

I've made this suggestion because of reading Woundedeagles post on the GoA's
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ans-of-Alterra

In that thread I mentioned 'I wondered if new players actually knew what a GoA shield meant, I bet 9/10 new players will simply ask 'What shield is that?' instead of 'cool shield, as a GoA can you help me?'

I want to enhance the GoA experience. I want to make it more clear. I want to give a good first impression of the game to new players.

Right now, we have several GoA's but I believe more can be done to improve the GoA experience as percieved by new players.

First idea, would be to create a new tip screen: 'Need help? Look out for a Guardian of Alterra (GOA) who carries a shield' (including a pic of the shield)

Secondly, I think when a player equips the GoA shield, their name colour should change, I'm even thinking either the same colour as the devs (red) or a different colour. I believe this would make them stand out even more. Players who are new may then ask 'Are you a dev?' But GoA's would be trusted and would reply with, 'No I'm a GoA - can I help you?'

Thirdly, I was thinking of two more enhancements. When equipped, player name changes colour. And/or both of the below instances happen:
    1. At the end of your name which hovers above your player, i.e 'Woundedeagle' the extra words display ' - Ask me for help' so it the name above the player would be 'Woundedeagle - ask me for help'
    2. If you tap on the player, on the view player screen you would see a small band along the base of the player screen 'Proud Guardian of Alterra - here to help you' and if you tap it, you would then see a new screen with a page of useful information which could be read about who GoA's are and what they do'

This is just a few simple ideas, I would be so sadto see the GoA be written off, please dont do it STS. Everyone please feel free to suggest anything else I might have missed

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatsoeGamer For This Useful Post: