Thread: So apparently, I take credit for other peoples artwork

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Default So apparently, I take credit for other peoples artwork

Someone on this forum (not naming names) wakes me up with a pm (I get email push notifications when I get pm's) very rudely accusing me of taking credit for someone else's work. The piece in question is one of my Regina Spektor portraits. This person went on my deviant art and saw that I favorites someone else take on the same piece, and accused me of stealing their work. O'RLLY? Here's the picture we both worked off of

The artist used photoshop, I believe, for his along with a wacom tablet. This artist has worlds more experience than myself, so his take looks EXACTLY like the picture. His/her talent is just absolutely amazing. I even commented on the picture asking the artist to take a look at my version to give me feedback( Link here) and they even have a speed drawing video of the piece on YouTube. Finally, here's that artists piece:

Beautiful right? My eyes watered after seeing the video and the end result. Just breathtaking. Alright so finally, that was the piece I was accused of stealing credit of. I took the maximum amount of Offence to the way this forum user approached me, and the manner that they accused me. I was infuriated and have yet to receive a reply back since giving all the supporting evidence that I've given you guys reading this thread. The worst feeling for any artist would be being called a fraud. I spent 8 hours using my index finger on my brothers iPad and mostly my iPhone tiny screen, and put my heart and soul into it. To say that I just stole it and threw my name on it, something that would take 8 seconds, is just outright hurtful. Here's MY piece:

IMO, the differences are very apparent between the level of skill of that artist of myself. In no way shape or form, does it look like I ripped someone else work. Or is it just me?

Sorry for this long post, but I really needed to vent and I know you guys will give me honest responses that I know will back me up, ESPECIALLY with the evidence I've provided.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 12-28-2011 at 01:03 PM.