Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's your conclusion???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default What's your conclusion???

Recently I leveled my main character to 65. I made him pure dex and got him a good set. Crafted helm and crossbow, and normal outfit and longbow (don't remember actual names.)

I started pvping and at first thought I was doing well. Then I started dying a ton and I slowly began to realize something. I was losing 9 times out of 10 to every character, Mage, archer, or warrior, as long as they had one thing...the vanity bonus.

All other characters I fought without vanity bonus I killed about 4/5 times which is about what I was hoping for, however whenever vanity got involved, it was pure ownage.

I have learned to dread the red and yellow colors. Yes I have read the countless posts with people complaining about the vanity bonus and my thoughts were "man up. Win." Now I understand just what the complaints were about.

About this time I can tell you are thinking this is just another complaint thread. Well I can tell you this, it is not. Do I plan to whine and complain until Sts is forced to submit? Of course not. I plan to do just what my advice was to other complainers. Man up.

All of this, however does not change the fact that I believe the vanity bonuses are completely unfair, but not in every way. They help in pve, and they should. After all they were awarded from great valiance in PvE. But that's just it. It was PvE that causes you to dominate in PvP? Something isn't right. (I know what you are thinking again )

I also know that I have a solution which I don't believe has been thought of before. let me get this straight, If we remove the vanities from PvP or PvE or both, people get upset; even if there is good compensation. If not, others are still upset because they don't get a bonus and never can get the full bonus. How can everyone be happy?

Make a PvP Vanity Bonus!!!!!! (you are now thinking "wow really?" Let me explain. Those who have already earned the vanity bonus are like "no way I'm earning a whole new vanity set, the one I have took forever to get! That's what makes my solution so good.

Every person who has already earned the vanity bonus automatically Gets the set which technically should be earned in PvP. (a little messed up, but a developing game like PL has its oddities) It can have the same stats as the current vanity set bonus, it would just look different. This takes care of everyone who spent a lot of time to acquire the vanities. Their time will by no means have been wasted.

This conclusion also opens the door for those who never got the vanity bonus for whatever reason, Lazy, Joined the game too late, didn't understand what the vanities were (that's me ) etc.

Now all of these people have a chance to earn the vanity bonus in PvP (Not in PvE mind you. That is still separate.) At this point I don't really have a system for how to earn the PvP vanities but I have a few ideas

1. Must achieve X amount of kills. (simple enough)
    2. Must achieve X amount of kills in a certain time period (a little trickier)
    3. Must recover from less than 50 health X amount of times (out of the box? U like? Me gusta?)
    4. Must kill X amount of people in a row without dying (come on these are good! )

Please everyone. How would you feel to be utterly screwed in top level PvP? I know you like having your unique PvP skills from your vanity; I would too!; but the simple fact is, it just is not right. Imagine all the new guys joining the game hitting top level and realizing they can't compete on even grounds. That would flat out suck. Can we at least consider this idea of mine? Not just ignore this thread or flame it?

This right here. This thread is my conclusion to fixing end level PvP. What's yours?...I think it's time we find out just what kind of people are in these forums.

~MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 01-03-2012 at 11:17 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post: