Thread: Will be reducing the time I spend on PL by a lot for the forseeaable future

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Will be reducing the time I spend on PL by a lot for the forseeaable future

As fate would have it, my phone recently died. I have recently (after several weeks; apparently customs for whatever reason held my replacement phone), replaced it.

Anyways, I began to take more time in a World of Warcraft. Now that I have a replacement phone, I realize that I have little desire to continue being on the forums. Now that I return to the world of PC gaming, the limitations of mobile gaming become much more apparent to me. I have always been a PC gamer at heart and one that has been noteworthy for his open dislike of console gaming.

Furthermore, I have considered leaving long before. The great news is that with so many PC MMOs and an increasing number of mobile ones, the competition for hardcore gamers willing to spend hundreds of dollars and hours of their time each year is very fierce.

It is clear that STS is taking a direction that I strongly disagree with and there is little reason to be optimistic. There is no place for oldies like myself and although I am not an old player in a strict sense, it is the group that I most strongly identify with. The era of people like Royce and Physiologic is over; it is very much a Brave New World for PL. Long term gains are being sacrificed for short term ones. It will be interesting, but unsurprisingly to me if this section is moderated; I will be saddened though if it is. Likewise, the era of players like Xrax in PvP is over and in it's place, the era of more and more people who cannot stand losing has become overwhelming.

This is not a goodbye in the strict sense; I will still come back and will still be on in game (particularly if Humania turns to be a good release; on that note, please do not ask me for my belongings here as I will be on at times), but it will no longer be the main game that I play. There are 2 long posts I intend to write; one comparing WoW to PL, and the other a PvP guide. I may or may not write them.

On that note, particularly to the people that I have become close with, my fellow guildies and people I know well from the forums, I wish you the best of luck in life. PM me for my email address if I have not already given it to you; you have earned my trust enough for me to give you my identity. Farewell for now; ask me if you wish for my WoW identity.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 02-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post: