Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Exclamation ARG 2nd Annual BCA Challenge

Name:  pink-cancer-ribbon_300.jpg?w=252&h=300.jpeg
Views: 432
Size:  36.5 KB

It is that time again! Time for the 2nd annual BCA Challenge. Last year we started a yearly challenge. The challenge was to NOT wear any of fancy head vanity except for the Pink Cowgirl hat available in the Plat store. This year we made a few small changes to maximize participation. Remember participation is not mandatory. It is simply us showing support for those who have been affected.

1. The event has been moved to run from 9/15-10/15. This change is due to the Halloween Event that STS holds. We didn't wan't to overlap and run into people having to choose Halloween costumes or the pink hat.

2. You can wear any pink vanity to include Bunny/Rabbit Ears, Flower Bouquet and Pink Cowgirl Hat. We know not everyone has plat but may have other vanities they have gotten for free. Please do not spam the devs to participate. I already notified them that I will be hosting the event and it is up to them if they want to participate.

Now comes the important info.

There have been some advancements in finding ways to treat breast cancer but the numbers have not changed much. You will see that yes even males can get it and it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. This year the National Cancer Institute says:

Estimated new cases and deaths from breast cancer in the United States in 2012:

New cases: 226,870 (female); 2,190 (male)

Deaths: 39,510 (female); 410 (male)

Join us and show your support! I have many family and friends that have been affected by this and I am proud to host this event in their honor. If the NFL, the manliest of all sports, can wear pink cleats and gloves to show their support then why can't we?

To learn more about Breast Cancer visit these links:

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/index

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast

www.komen.org

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Siejo For This Useful Post: