Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir Stacking

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Elixir Stacking

This post is in reply to this discussion: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Not-Stacking
    (I'm moving the issue to the technical issues, as it is a more appropriate forum.)

Hi folks,

I tested out this system using my closest approximation of the repro. steps provided. The results were that the system is working as expected.

Here are the repro. steps for my test case:
    1. I played as a level 70 Archer
    2. I played in Humania, Sandbar Lagoon
    3. I had the following elixir buffs active:
    - 7-day 2x XP
    - 24-hour 1.5x XP
    - 30 min. 2x combo elixir (applies several elixirs, including a 2x XP elixir)
    4. I killed the trash mobs closest to the Sandbar Lagoon dungeon entrance.

Here is the expected behavior (i.e. these are the results that I should get if the system is working properly):
    - Killing a single trash mob will grant you 6 XP.
    - If you remove the 2x XP 7-day elixir, you will get 4 XP per single trash mob.
    - If you remove the 30 min. 2x XP elixir, you will get an average of 1.5 XP points per kill.
    (That means, every other trash-mob kill will grant you 2 XP. For example: You kill one mob, he gives you 1 XP, you kill another he gives you 2. You kill the next mob, and he gives you 1 XP. The next mob kill gives you 2 XP, etc. etc.)
    - If you remove the 24-hour 1.5x XP blessing, you will get 1 XP per trash mob kill.

My repro steps yield the expected behavior. If you find that you do not encounter the same results, please let us know any differences between your play conditions and the repro. steps listed in my test case so we can track down your issue. Thanks VERY much to the folks who provided the bug info.!!

I'd like to clarify how this system should work:
    When individual elixirs stack, they get added together. So in my example, I had 2x, plus 1.5x, plus 2x, equaling a 5.5x XP multiplier. This is not to be confused with the elixirs multiplying out (i.e. 2x, times 1.5x, times 2x, equaling a 6x XP multiplier). It's a marginal difference, but still, a difference. Please also note, double/triple XP events do not use XP elixir stacking rules, as described here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post: