I've been observing on this subject, but I do post my thoughts after thinking a bit at how we can solve this hot topic.
As many of you may know by now by looking in off topic, I've been doing a little Star Wars Battlefront. I've thought of something that may help the PvP, and my answer would be PvP awards.
In Star Wars Battlefront, the more you play the more you are rewarded. You collect medals for either getting an amount of kills with a certain weapon in one life, slicing into a vehicle, and others. After being awarded one, you get a small bonus like Damage increase, stamana regeneration boost, or an award weapon until you die. There is another bonus for getting medals. The more medals you collect, the higher your rank goes and your medal rank also increases. Once you collect enough medals, you are awarded the bonus immediately once you begin any match. This helps people who keep playing and get stronger for continual play.
How can we incorporate this to PvP?
I'd like to say that we need awards for teamwork, playing the objectives (Flags), getting kills, and by just playing matches. We could also use an arena token currency like the story and hauntlet tokens that we can use to buy items and PvP-like bonuses and cosmetic apparel for vanities and possibly to be added to the guild hall.

I can still add a lot more ideas on this.