Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Support Lacking?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Question AL Support Lacking?

Hi,

I would like to begin this thread by saying that i have been playing on STS games for over 2 years, and in that time i have sent in many many reports, support tickets etc. While i have not always received a "Yes" to my inquiries, i have never felt like i was not receiving support at all. I would like to thank Dracknor, Mjolstin, and Gnosis for their incredible support in the past. //Begin Rant: I recently sent in a ticket with 3 questions:
    1. Would I be able to get my guild renamed (Costs a lot to buy the guild charter and then even more for the guild hall, would rather not have to do it all again)
    2. Prices for plat revives with invincibility and the Ally reward 24 Hour bypass had just been lowered, I had just purchased many of them. Most companies will be willing to apply a refund in cases where items were lowered directly after you purchased them... I felt this was a fair request.
    3. I'm not going to bring up my third question (entirely unrelated to the two above. After sending it i realized it was a ridiculous request and so have no complaints that support did not answer it).

After a full week, I sent in another ticket asking if they had received my first, here is what i got back from support:
    Hello,
    Unfortunately we are not able to complete your request at this time. While we strive to satisfy every player request, somethings are outside of the scope of the Customer Support department.

If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!
    After receiving that, i feel i had been entirely blown off with a template email, and so i sent in a comment saying so. After all, this is SUPPORT i was talking to was it not? 2/3 of my questions were entirely valid... Here is what i got back after the comment

Unfortunately your requests are not something our policies allow for. While my response was pre-formatted, it was still true and taking the time to deny each request separately would not have changed the fact that your requests are in fact denied. I do apologize. We have a very high volume of tickets do to the recent launch of Arcane Legends, so our responses might seem briefer than they have been in the past while we work to get the queues under control.

Regards,

<Support name, not going to publicly call him out>
    Upon receiving this email, i promptly went and had another look at all of STS's legalese - and found absolutely NOTHING on refunds, just legal blather on how they get to decide.

So I ask the rest of you, were my requests unreasonable? Do they not fall under the jurisdiction of Support? Am i overreacting?

In my opinion, i have supported STS for over two years, bought hundreds of dollars worth of platinum across their games, and support cannot uphold simple business etiquette of refunding the difference directly after a price change, or even if that is not their policy... at least a simple guild name change?

I would like to point out again that yes, this is a rant... and i have always been extremely happy with support, but i really feel these were two valid requests that received no valid answers.

And if these are in the policies of STS, might i get that policy chart and have a look at it and see if it is worth plunking any further funds down in the future.

//End Rant

Thanks!
    /DanielRH

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post: