Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Alien Oasis 3: Trials of the Overlord Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AO3 is challenging and the teamwork aspect is surely a must. I have played and continue to play with some of you in this forum. I leveled my mage to 50 in 24hrs after the game was released. Sleep not required. It was costly but I wanted to level up so fast to actually enjoy the whole campaign. I was in a group of three tanks and an archer that required tremendous healing and reviving with or without pots. I didn't mind it at all. I've never heard so many "ty"(s) in my life. First run took us 4-5 hours and probably an hour was devoted to Overload plus our constant respawning. We were ecstatic. We're done. Now, let's do it again.

However, AO3 is soooooooooooo unfair to favor STR characters. Devs, did you plan AO3 using only your STR characters??? I love being a mage and helping every player in the game. I refuse to stand on the sideline while tanks are doing all the work trying to kill Overlord. With trash can punch, mana shield, and spamming health pots, I couldn't even enter the room to revive nor heal without being killed in less than 5 seconds. I felt so useless as a mage and mostly as a player. Our "best" reward was some crappy higher level AO2 pinks for clearing each level the way it should be played. As a mage, I'm avoiding Overlord until something changes.

Finally... yay...level 50!!! Slept and woke up to play PL again. I was invited to 90% of the game with only tanks/pallys. Where are all my pure mage friends??? Ohhhh, they are all pallys now. I was really excited to play the whole campaign again. Go figures... all they wanted to do was Rush!!! Rush!!! Rush!!! "We're farming, join us!!!"

It is truly disappointing that people who rushes just to kill the boss (for the most part) always gets the best gears/rares. This needs to be change completely. In my opinion, people who work harder to clear everything in its path and kill the boss should be rewarded more than rushers. Devs, please... I am begging you to do something about this. Otherwise, players will quickly get bored of this campaign too. As a suggestion, rare drop rates should highly increase if the dungeon is completely cleared and decrease if the only thing killed was the boss.
    Last edited by DontHateAppreciate; 10-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.