Thread: Distance.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Distance.

I'm semi-new to PL, only been playing for a week and understand most of the game so feel free to give full explanations rather than dumbing them down. I have two questions first one is below this sentence, second will be the last sentence of my post!

Does distance have an effect on the amount of damage your Talon deals and if so does this rule only apply to the Talon?

I'm a lvl 36 DEX-based Birdie with the following:

STR: 16 (16 with my wing equipped, without it my STR is 11)
    DEX: 176
    INT: 11

Hit%: 155
    Crit: 37
    Dodge: 12
    Health: 258
    Regen: 5
    Mana: 256
    Regen: 1
    Damage: 71-76
    DPS: 122
    Armor: 67

-------------------

Talon: Purple | Swampthorn Talon of the Eagle | Lvl 35 | 37-42 DMG | 0.6 SPD | +5 DEX | +3% Crit | +2 H/S
    Wing: Purple | Frosty Snowbird Wing of the Bear | Lvl 30 | +5 STR | +3% Dodge | +2% Crit | + 13 ARM

-------------------

I've re-rolled about 4 to 5 times in the past week of me experimenting builds and reguardless of full dex or not, it doesn't seem to affect my Distance to Damage issue.

So my current current damage is 71 - 76 with 122 DPS.
    If I'm at the furthest distance my Talon will throw at my damage output will be like this:
    18 - 30 DMG, 3/5 of my talon throws will be dodged.
    If I'm at the medium distance my Talon will throw at my damage output will be like this:
    25 - 45 DMG, 1-2/5 of my Talon throws will be dodged.
    If I'm at close range wth my Talon my damage output will be like this:
    45 - 70 DMG, none of my Talon throws will be dodged.

I find myself having to use Thorn Root a lot of the time to avoid dodges followed by Armor Break to maintain regular damage output at further distances (pain in the arse & mana consuming). I'm not sure if the reason behind this is due to my set up, gear, the monsters, or the possibility that the Devs of a mobile MMO put partially realistic physics in their game.

Anyways, I like the talon but if I'm doing dungeons am I better off with a dagger to maintain the DPS or should I go back to cross bows? From what i've seen high DPS Birdies are more useful in a mage + tank party than regular bow birdies. So i'd like to maintain DPS but also deal optimal damage because I can't tank with my current gear.
    Last edited by MurdocX; 10-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.