Thread: Idea : PvP puzzle quests with hammerjaw prize

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Lightbulb Idea : PvP puzzle quests with hammerjaw prize

Personally the current pvp system's a little too anti-social for my liking.. since it's all about numbers it encourages kill/flag farming, bickering/name-calling, gang fights. Just pointless, silly stuff really. Love to have something more robust and broadly rewarding, more about team-building than "noob u sux, I tots pwn".. strengthening bonds between guildies, friends and strangers. Plus u increase the social element, u have more people playing and buying elixirs. win-win.

I'd love to see pvp puzzle quests sometime down the road. A timed chain of maps with simple team-based puzzles, normal mobs, and some parts pvp. These could be on separate islands that have different entry criteria for certain level ranges. Some ideas I thought of :

Lower level island with dps cap to deter grossly-low level twinking.

Higher level island open to all (since low level players that don't kill fast enough would not get partied).

Players must be in a party of 4~5 to enter.

Countdown timer with prizes which increase in value for shorter completion times to discourage kill farming.

If team-count drops to less than 2 or 3, that team cannot proceed.

Both teams MUST get through a 1st puzzle map to discourage usage of dummies for kill farming.

If all else fails the peer pressure will ensure that, since people will quit on a "camper".

Both teams get tokens regardless, but team that wins the pvp part gets to fight a boss on a special map and get unique drops equivalent to efficient elite farming (among others, I vote for a 0.003% chance at hammerjaw and 0.001% chance at - don't know if this is possible - an overall stat-boosting arcane banner that looks cool and can't be traded). Also a fun alternative to leveling.

Anyone else with me on this?

p.s. mods, if u feel this should go in a different section pls feel free to move the thread Thanks!
    Last edited by Origin; 02-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube