Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

and i doubt i woulda paid what i did for the rogue mythic helm had i known that INT would be buffed for rogues instead or str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're upset about the change to the Captain's Axe proc. The 80% was simply a typo. It was always planned to be 8% and it is our bad for not catching it when the Expansion was in testing. That said, if you're building for dodge, 8%, on top of Dex on top of a pet with dodge, on top of gear with +dodge is still significant. Thanks for keeping an open mind about it.

my visa card had a typo can i have my money back??
    A dex build simply doesn't work. 10 dodge to a full dex build leaves you with about 1k health which equals to one hit ko in elite maps. A dex build will leave you with very minimal >100 dmg, low health for the tradeoff of +10 dex.

The main point of a tank is to stay alive. With 3k+ health, we can at least take a couple of hits allowing us to pot instead of playing russian roulette with 3 in the chamber.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirrotniuq View Post
    and i doubt i woulda paid what i did for the rogue mythic helm had i known that INT would be buffed for rogues instead or str
    Looks like every class is unhappy with these 'secondary' stats.

Warriors, for example, has dexterity as their buffed stat when they need intelligence way more. And dexterity in general is only useful when you have a significant amount of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Since you guys work for or are the devs at STS, you can test a full dex build with all the best dodge gear and dodge pet. You'll have about 50 to maybe 60% dodge and when tanking in a elite map with say 7 monsters attacking you. That's pretty much like 7 hits a second. You'll dodge about 3-4 hits, the remaining hits that do get through will KO you due to the measly 1k'ish health.

Just did a test respec on full dex and it only gave me about 750 base health.

3k+ health with 40% dodge > than 750 health with 50% dodge any day
    Last edited by earhole; 03-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Looks like every class is unhappy with these 'secondary' stats.

Warriors, for example, has dexterity as their buffed stat when they need intelligence way more. And dexterity in general is only useful when you have a significant amount of it
    That's the problem. A full 155 stats to dex only gives about 10 extra dodge. Kinda insignificant gain for the TOTAL amount of stat points used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

please put the old vengeful blood back i dont like the new one it takes too long to regenerate pleasee i hope you hear this

Bullhul

I don't like the game anymore, you killed the warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im warrior lvl 26, theres 2 things i want to say
    1. For me theres no PVP anymore, warrior is to easy now
    2. I can accept the update. Is totally different now for warrior, is like removing critical on rogue or removing fireball/ice from mage. I hope the other class can see from our point of view. After 26 level and suddenly change the most important skill in warrior isnt easy for us. I dont know the dev team will make a new update or not regarding skill on warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Sooooo, make a Rouge.

WTH.... Make a rogue.???? THE WHOLE POINT OF MAKING A WARRIOR IS TO BE A TANKER TO ABSORB DAMAGE THEN U TELL HIM TO MAKE A ROGUE PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON SOMETHING.... warriors and rogues are two distinct classes whats the point of putting a warrior as a choice class if theyre not important please use ur head.... Some people are just so naieve and selfish if u were a warrior and you put so much work on your character and an crappy update ruined ur stats how would u feel....

You would not want to play this game ever....

Empathize for the warriors

Im a rogue. But i feel the warrior's grief and anger

Please fix this soon i beg you coz a lot of peopld will stop playing coz tankers are really important they should do something ASAP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoebehottie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[COLOaddtional A07A"]

Okay so nice idea for the additional stats but let me add something to that if you want differences from classes have additional secondary stats for strength intelligence. And dexterity for all classes

Let me site examples
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Rogues has two types.
    Why just concetrate on the bow type for intelligence addition stats
    Bow type additional stats for int
    Blade type additiona . Stats for str

Mages has two types as well
    Wand type addtional stats for strength
    Gun type addtional stats for dex

Warriors
    Axe dex addtional stats
    Sword int addtional stats for buffs for more mana

See there are lots of room for improvement

Please listen to the games coz we are they ones who pay for the game
    Those who agree on me for these addtional stats please comment on my post so that the development team will do something about it

Thanks again

^_^

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Phoebehottie; 03-13-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow, just got this from the rogue forum. The secondary 'int' stats on the rogue is AMAZING. Just respec my level 15 rogue to pure int. Has more way more health and mana on the build versus a pure dex build. Loses a bit dps, dodge and crit, but nothing significant. This might be the best solo rogue build as suggested...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I play both a 26 rogue and a 26 warrior. Rogue is technically my main, however, I am equally comfortable on both characters. Most people that know me, know that I spend quite a bit of time testing with different and sometimes unusual gear and spec configurations in order to get the best performance out of my equipment and characters. This update was no different.

My rogue spent several hours in a 1vs1 pvp lobby last night with various warriors - all of very high calibre. At first there was quite a bit of trouble: they couldn't get enough damage, were always out of mana etc. But as the evening progressed, they developed their builds to a good level of comfort. At this point the duels became almost perfectly balanced, and only a matter of skill, timing and/or luck that determined the winner of the duels. It came to the players themselves to determine the outcome, not the game mechanics. This, I believe, is the ultimate goal STS is striving for with class balance.

Today I took my warrior and respeced to a similar build to what one of my friends came up with last night. With minor gear configurations I ended up with over 1000 mana, without sacrificing damage or health. 4 runs of Elite rooks nest, 3 Jarls, and 2 Seas later, I was seeing consistent damage output that was much higher than what i had anticipated, given all the hullabaloo, and I had not yet run out of mana, or seen any problems with vengeful blood. "Go to PVP and fight some duels" my friends challenged. So I did.

In 2 hours of pvp duels, I never once went below 50% mana. I rarely dropped below 50% health unless I screwed up, and did not find that my character felt weak or lacking in the least. In fact, he felt just as strong as my rogue, just in a different sense. I found the same in the full rounds of CTF I played. I know I'll probably piss people off by posting this, but I just felt that it needed to be said that all is not necessarily terrible, and it is actually very much workable if you just open your mind a bit.
    Last edited by Serancha; 03-13-2013 at 06:17 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you charge up Vengeful Blood, it will pulse off you for 14 seconds. That's plenty of time to move closer to the ranged baddies shooting you, no?
    Correction Sam, you need the Focused Rage upgrade to get the increased timer to 14 seconds from 10. Charging will however significantly increase how much Mana and Health will be applied to those hit by someone with the debuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Praytell Serancha what exactly is this mystical build and loadout you speak of? Because I am willing to not only try it, but also shut my mouth if it actually works even remotely well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sts update .. my fr leave punk update and sts money dog ...bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mana

The idea is not to get hit its to survive and how can we without mana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

warriors should adapt.u use ripmaw or flapjack anf i dnt have any trouble loosing mana. Warriors main problem is the windmill's damage. it ranges from 120 -250. 300 on crit. lower than the last cap.This damage doesnt change regardless of your base damage and dps. This is the main reason why warrior vs warrior in ctf doesnt end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just a quick comment about lifegiver with empower. It wasn't very useful to a sorcerer in a team of warriors, because their horn of renew does a better job of healing, and they rarely needed the mana. I could do without it, since it gives about a sixth of my mana, and one mana pot has almost double that. Rogues, however, almost need it to get by without too many pots.

Now i guess this will be more true of warriors too, and that's okay with me. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the reaction of many of you here. But it is nice to be of more use, as a team player. The only problem i did see, is having to get closer to the action more often to use heal (without the range extension), which can be tricky in elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Praytell Serancha what exactly is this mystical build and loadout you speak of? Because I am willing to not only try it, but also shut my mouth if it actually works even remotely well.
    I smell sarcasm, but I'll ignore it. There's nothing mystical involved - just the logical passives given the update, and gear that gives you mana without detracting hp or damage - there are many possible combos if you are willing to spend the time and look for them. As far as skills go - I have always preferred CS to windmill, and added mana return to smash. Horn of renew and maxed vengeful blood still make a nice combo - it is just a matter of timing for one on one. As many others in this thread have said - use pets that give mana regeneration like the other classes do.

As I said before, I love trying and experimenting with various configurations and setups, as do some other players I know. It's a fantastic part of this game, where you have to work to balance everything - every gain has a cost somewhere else, so finding that sweet matchup of gear and stats which has it all, is a pastime that can keep one occupied for ages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the new mana rules is a failer for this game and its another step to quit this game.... back to dark legend but the developers are killing both now!!!