Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
What is your normal damage without pet and with the cristal? Is it the same ~170?
The normal damage difference is significant, but skill damage difference i think not, just the push back feature i miss in pvp.
I will continue to test with some skills and post pictures, stay tuned
Haha since I also play rogue, this is a dangerous subject in my head. Since the L16 cap, Lifethief-type weapons have always outperformed their "higher DPS" counterparts by a wide margin. People yacked and yacked about it until two level caps later, the devs finally smacked the Lifethief with the nerf bat. It was confirmed to be a bug, but only after months of people (mostly non-rogues lol) reporting it.

The damage discrepancy from Combustion Cannon doesn't seem to be anywhere near as OP as Lifethief was, but there's a slight parallel there haha.

Anyway, for PvP, I'd take the Oracle over Combustion. Even if you're rocking a shield, distance is still our best friend. The push proc isn't reliable, but I'll take any advantage I can get. 80 less damage per shot isn't going to be a deal breaker when rogues run around with 2k HP and warriors run around with almost 4k HP.