Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-14 Content Update (115695)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

why warior is very lucky . like the best pendant for warior will get only in quest..I think sts should debuff the ametyst of the pendant tide. very unfair..sts should do something to balance it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kcllyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Because warriors mana reduction was so severe last update......im glad we finalky have a chnace to debuff rouges crit...see everybody has somethibg...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    It hasn't been 15 minutes since the update, and people have already decided warrior is back to being OP. Come on now.

Gonna give that new Axe Throw a spin. I've been wanting to try Axe Throw in PVP, if only for comedic value, but it didn't really seem worth it. But hey, free respecs, can't hurt to try now.
    Prior to update, I tried it last night. It was pathetic. More of a hindrance than anything because of the 7 second timer. The pull was nice but really didn't help much.

On my rogue, the pull was nothing more than irritating. Well unless being pulled into 5 people all beating on me then I died haha.

Still attempting 2 CS 5 AT 5VB 3 HR and 5 Might passive tonight. Was going to test a full int rogue but thinking differently now.

Interesting just logged in the damage on axe initial is similar to the initial on others. A big jump from before but nothing crazy. Will be a fun testing night just wish I could pull logs from my tablet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Curious to see what a leprechoblin looks like O.o
    A goblin
    Chilicrush - Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Honestly had my doubts that we would see an update this month. I AM IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST, kinda.
    Kudos to all Devs on a crazy fast reply to the community outcry.

That being said... I do feel buffing axe throw was used as a diversion for us all so that the Devs could make very limited changes to Vengeance (It's obviously flawed yet they were insistent nothing was the matter... then whoosh an update?), but I'm glad they are working on making Vengeance worth slotting once again. I think in time they will see that the warrior was never really that "OP", that and "mana potion equality" is far down on the list of things that players would like to see fixed/balanced.

Warriors - Still don't know what devs expect us to do about ranged enemies (Both PvP and PvE) , after all they have some of the most dangerous/damaging attacks (arrows, spells) and we will be getting 0 mana for tanking those hits. The ONLY complaint I have though in light of this FAST response to our dismay is either shorten the veng cooldown so we can get in close and cast more often or JUST MAKE VENGE A SELF BUFF that simply converts hits or a % of dmg/hits into mana, because that simplifies things and completely solves the whole Ranged inequality issue. You could keep all the properties you have now, but why make it a short range enemy debuff when it could be a simple SELF BUFF with a chance to convert hits to mana>???????? That would solve the range issue and probably shut Warriors up for GOOD without having to surrender any sort of auto-regen or further imbalances. So confused about why it has to be so complex with so many kinks to iron out?

PS: It's called VENGEFUL BLOOD, doesn't that kinda imply that it should be a self buff flowing through your Warrior's veins and not the veins of the enemies who are an arm's length away and trying to tear you limb from limb?

SERIOUSLY though thanks devs for being so proactive and supportive of your customers. Blew my mind how fast you guys responded.
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    A goblin
    Like this guy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santa.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	26037

but green...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lep1.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	26038

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Honestly had my doubts that we would see an update this month. I AM IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST, kinda.
    Kudos to all Devs on a crazy fast reply to the community outcry.

That being said... I do feel buffing axe throw was used as a diversion for us all so that the Devs could make very limited changes to Vengeance (It's obviously flawed yet they were insistent nothing was the matter... then whoosh an update?), but I'm glad they are working on making Vengeance worth slotting once again. I think in time they will see that the warrior was never really that "OP", that and "mana potion equality" is far down on the list of things that players would like to see fixed/balanced.

Warriors - Still don't know what devs expect us to do about ranged enemies (Both PvP and PvE) , after all they have some of the most dangerous/damaging attacks (arrows, spells) and we will be getting 0 mana for tanking those hits. The ONLY complaint I have though in light of this FAST response to our dismay is either shorten the veng cooldown so we can get in close and cast more often or JUST MAKE VENGE A SELF BUFF that simply converts hits or a % of dmg/hits into mana, because that simplifies things and completely solves the whole Ranged inequality issue. You could keep all the properties you have now, but why make it a short range enemy debuff when it could be a simple SELF BUFF with a chance to convert hits to mana>???????? That would solve the range issue and probably shut Warriors up for GOOD without having to surrender any sort of auto-regen or further imbalances. So confused about why it has to be so complex with so many kinks to iron out?

PS: It's called VENGEFUL BLOOD, doesn't that kinda imply that it should be a self buff flowing through your Warrior's veins and not the veins of the enemies who are an arm's length away and trying to tear you limb from limb?
    Vengeful Blood pulses the debuff to those around you for 10 seconds (14 seconds if you get the duration upgrade). That seems to me as a good amount of time for you to get close to those pesky shooting mobs, no?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

And I did lower the cooldown on Vengeful Blood, just forgot to put it in the patch notes.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so what about ranged attacks in pvp,n what happens if they dnt let u come close?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by embarm View Post
    so what about ranged attacks in pvp,n what happens if they dnt let u come close?
    Use Skyward Smash or Axe Throw pull, or even the environment to block line of sight. It's not that difficult to gap close as a warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

God people complain a LOT

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Use Skyward Smash or Axe Throw pull, or even the environment to block line of sight. It's not that difficult to gap close as a warrior.
    Smash is a valid resource I guess, but it now costs mad mana to use, and asking people to give up splitter or whirlwind for axe throw is bit cruel. You can forget my comment about cooldown though, didn't realize it had been tweaked. Stamp of Approval there. You guys have to hate me by now.
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-14-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Not as much as people complaining about people complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    If there was ANY OTHER WAY to get things done and updated my friend I would be doing it instead of spending all day switching between the forums and my AL chrome window and typing feverish rebuttals. Unfortunately most methods of taking a real stand as a player/group are punishable by BANHAMMER on these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

annnnnd they buffed the most useless skill -_- great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    the cried loudest get the feed.
    idk, sorc has been cyring blood the whole time.

Question:

Does feeble only bwnifits the caster or for the whole team? it would be unfair for sorc having no debuff, we are the ones whos mostly get 1hit.

We have Curse skill(debuff) which is a waste of points. a mid range skill with 3secs or so with 15secs cooldown-_-
    Last edited by Cero; 03-14-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

People jump on every opportunity they get to hate buffing updates. One of the reasons there is so much controversy over what class is over powered and which is under powered is due to a few things. First off, there are people complaining from different levels. Some are twinks and some are fighting twinks. Some dont have the top gear some do. Some have never played the other classes and dont know they're ups and downs but instead just scream nerf. But whether this update makes it more balanced or not, people should give the devs a chance to sort things out. I know a lot of people from updates like the last get crazy mad and some even quit the game. But as they've just shown, if there is a problem or complaints on something they will work on it and get it changed, and quite quick at that. So if u find something u think should be changed give your opinion, but just give them time.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 03-14-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    idk, sorc has been cyring blood the whole time.

Question:

Does feeble only bwnifits the caster or for the whole team? it would be unfair for sorc having no debuff, we are the ones whos mostly get 1hit.

We have Curse skill(debuff) which is a waste of points. a mid range skill with 3secs or so with 15secs cooldown-_-
    Axe throw wasn't that great prior to patch. It was down on the totem pole. Border line useless. Max damage was 50 or so points lower than what the other skills were. It is still a 7 second cooldown skill. Splitter is a 3 second. I used splitter in different builds last night after 30 minutes or so I respec'd out of it. The skills they added it to, I never used. So the basically hit the ones which thought were a waste of points.

The nerf they hit us with was bad. Left axe worthy of a nerf or ranger nerf. If anyone knows those references.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Great call from sts to rebalance, whether they made warriors too strong or not will be seen in due time.

I just really want to say one thing and I hope it gets heard. Please please please stop doing massive pvp changes I mean it would be a lot more reasonable to tweak instead of regularly flip the world upside down for players. I know you are doing it to balance things and you are doing a great job trying. But please do them smaller. Like now: "warriors are up, so lets change 10 of their skills" Why not just make small changes? Yes, it would be a bit more work I understand but it would also help avoid outrages from community. I already hear people complaining and quitting from the event this Sunday, because it is hopeless for them to beat strong warriors (talking about fully equipped, mythic and all rogue). And my point is not the event, my point is how disappointed changes make people. So please STS, make smaller changes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

vengeful blood is more of a pvp thing now huh? (:
    happy im a full taunt warrior, nothing can beat that.
    add me ctrlkey

ohyeah also is warr comes into a p.u.g, wont have to use mana pots!
    so great..
    thanks sts!