I've had this type of build (although different and tweaked) with my Mage for a long while. Its great for kiting and CC in PvE, but only some-what in PvP. I've since respeced a loooot and tried many, many respecs over the week. Found a few good ones with and without TS.

The best one with TS I've come up with was Shield, Fire, TS, and Frost (which apparently is somehow slightly popular lol). Problem is, TS can be easly avoided and players can easily heal within TS (especially Tanks w/HOR & shield upgrade)... Plus it has a casting delay. Also, note that TS snares instead of roots in PvP even without the Root upgrade. However in PvE it Roots when that upgrade is selected. Thats why that extra point would be a waste if you're doing a PvP/PvE hybrid build. Oh & the CD on it isn't all that great either for PvP.

You get hella high #of crits with Ribbit's arcane when used at the right moment but each crit varies depending on your stat build. Still, even if you're a full crit Mage that skill is better used in PvE than PvP.