0 Posts

Dayum no dev reply yet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    From his party life, I'm sure he already has a bunch of sons that are trolling their mommies. I bet the mommies regret their days of partying...
    Hey!

I've been in a relationship for over 4 years now and ya can betcha Imma superydupery loyal even tho im clubbin quite a bit. Like fo sho, dat wasn't truly a joke.

Yesterday was a special evening. I had to come to university party as my gf's +1. One of the worst evening's I've ever had. Our main course was grilled salmon and rivercrab risotto. Pretty much sums up how boooring it was. And ofc our table consisted besides me and my gf 2 professors and 4 top students of each subject. All of their heads were up their butts till their necks. Sheesh.

Ofc after that in the afterparty I had to "celebrate" quite a bit. Usually university students are considered to party rly heavy but I had to show 'em what real partying is. I was challenged to "celebrate" the notorious "celebrating" course. I beat it in 1 hour while their unofficial record was around 2 hours. Ya, I showed them!
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-17-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Hey!

I've been in a relationship for over 4 years now and ya can betcha Imma superydupery loyal even tho im clubbin quite a bit. Like fo sho, dat wasn't truly a joke.

Yesterday was a special evening. I had to come to university party as my gf's +1. One of the worst evening's I've ever had. Our main course was grilled salmon and rivercrab risotto. Pretty much sums up how boooring it was. And ofc our table consisted besides me and my gf 2 professors and 4 top students of each subject. All of their heads were up their butts till their necks. Sheesh.

Ofc after that in the afterparty I had to "celebrate" quite a bit. Usually university students are considered to party rly heavy but I had to show 'em what real partying is. I was challenged to "celebrate" the notorious "celebrating" course. I beat it in 1 hour while their unofficial record was around 2 hours. Ya, I showed them!
    What about before those 4 years? And the nights that you blacked out?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    From his party life, I'm sure he already has a bunch of sons that are trolling their mommies. I bet the mommies regret their days of partying...
    Hey!

Lol, I thought this was going to be a legit post because it was long. Lmfao.

Still, good job on the thread Parthy.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Disclaimer:* The points, arguments, and opinions below are mine and mine alone.* This is not intended as a flame, nor will I engage in any "troll bait" once I have expressed my view point.* If anyone reading my post has "issues" towards my views or myself, feel free to send me a pm.* This is also a VERY long read.* If anyone responding to my post cannot take the time to read it in it's entirety, then I ask you to refrain from responding.* For STS Staff, please read my points COMPLETELY before making assumptions as to what my points/concerns are.

With that said, here we go...

As someone who has been around since AO3 (I am an Android user), I can say I have been honored to be a part of PL from the "glory days" til now.* I was lucky enough to be allowed to beta test 2 of STS's other games and have always been grateful for those opportunities.* As someone who has played video games his entire life (which includes the original Atari and Intelevision, to the introduction of Nintendo, and so on), I have spent a lot of time and resources doing stuff I enjoy.* Gaming to me is what model airplanes and baseball cards are to others.* Outside of my joy for endurance sports, gaming allows me to "get away", adds an option to spending time with my children, and can be a stress reliever.* Because of all the above points, I do not, and never will, have issues with spending money on gaming.*

It is of no secret how inactive I have been in-game in AL/PL.* As mentioned before, I have spent enough on AL/PL/SL to own a large amount of stock in STS.* I make the previous point to say this:* I have spent almost as much on STS games in the last 2.5 years as I have my ENTIRE life on other video games.* Some may say "OOMMGG."* I say, during that time, I played nothing but STS games.* They held my attention completely and the community was engaging and fun.* Content was original, fresh, exciting.* However, approximately a year ago, I took a step back and realized how things were not changing, and to this day, still haven't.* (This is where Parth's and Will's posts become relevant.)* So, I bought a family membership to Xbox Live and I slowly disappeared from STS.*

All of this was a preface for this:* Money has EVERYTHING to do with the issues within, not just PL, but ALL STS games.* I currently play Halo 4 for around 2-3 hours a day, based on my schedule.* Sometimes less, sometimes more.* My length of playing time has nothing to do with boredom.* It is always because I have other responsibilities which I have to attend to because I am an adult/parent/father/professional.* If it were not for life, I could spend 24 hours a day playing the Halo and all for a ONE time cost of $59.99.* Yes, I did pay $24.99 for some extra downloadable content which rounds my total moneys spent to approximately $85.* "Why do you mention this, Crim?"* Well, I am glad you asked.* Let's play a little game of compare and contrast.

For those who may not be familiar with Halo, the amount above provides each gamer with access to the Campaign (which comes with four levels of difficulty and the ability to customize each "difficulty" through "skull" selection), Matchmaking (also known as PvP) which contains cooperative and versus modes.* Within each of those are a vast variety of game play styles and levels.* I should also add 343 Industries (the owners to the rights of Halo) provide daily, weekly, and monthly objectives for players to run through which provide additional xp as each are completed.* Still only $85.* Each week, new challenges, maps, and Matchmaking styles are added to the game.* As individuals level, they gain not only xp, but new abilities, weapon skins, loadouts, armor, etc.* STILL only $85.

Why do I continue to harp on $85?* There was a recent thread where a few individuals posted how much platinum each has purchased in the various STS games he/she plays.* Thousands upon thousands of American dollars were posted, and this was only within a few individuals.* I personally know of about 5 people whom did not post pictures that would have put some of those figures to shame.* That statement is not made to brag or boast, but to prove a simple point:* When people are happy, they will spend their money on the things they enjoy.* I could have easily ranked in the top 3 in that thread and I have not bought plat in a looonnngggg time.* All of that is said to come to this point:* Lack of content.

PL (and though many won't admit, it is already happening in AL as well) has become STS' recycling bin.* Weapons, armor, vanities, events are all being more and more "remodeled" and less original.* Unbalance within PvP and PvE have been "modified" with new classes and increasing of skill levels.* Each original class in PL has numerous threads on skills which are not functional.* Physiologic, Ellyidol, and MrWallace all made very detailed threads describing the need for change.* Those changes appeared in new classes.* Instead of perfecting a good product, the water was diluted with more corrupted solution.* For $85 flat, unlimited updates and surprises.* To spend thousands, a lack of creativity and vague answers, if any, to increasingly documented issues/bugs/concerns.

There is reason for the heightened frustration in STS's largest and most loyal community.* A community, mind you, which have gravitated to AL solely because of disappointment within PL/SL/DL.* When the newness of AL wears off, all will be back to PL and more complaints will surface.* There is a loyal community here who are passionate about this game.* The other three games do not have the devoted fan base PL does.* A simple scan through the forums shows how devoted each fan base is.* The detailed guides, gear and skill breakdown, and consistent begging for change comes from PL.

Anyone still wonder why we aren't being heard?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default cry

I think people just cryn cause they lose alot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Me and my kids LOVE the Xbox !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnny6880 View Post
    I think people just cryn cause they lose alot
    Thank you for the journey down "Constructive Criticism Lane" where trolls stay away and true discussion takes place.

Oh wait....
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

why have no devs responded to any of these threads?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to supreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supreme View Post
    why have no devs responded to any of these threads?
    They're not willing to argue (yet).

@Crim - Really well said. I'd almost suggest taking all of what you said and putting it into your own thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

@Crim - Really well said. I'd almost suggest taking all of what you said and putting it into your own thread.
    Thank you, but I figured you and Parth had enough threads going, I just chose one to add to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Thank you, but I figured you and Parth had enough threads going, I just chose one to add to.
    I figured you'd say something like that But still, really well said, once again.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

XGhostX, AkA Will, Apollo, AkA Parth, and Crimsontider have done wonderful jobs explaining how PL is being negelected. You three know more than me about Pl and older than me (not sure about ghost). I will share my story.

A few years ago, I went to my friends house for fun. I came in and saw he was playing something on his device. I came over and saw he was playing a game, now known as PL as a bear. I asked if I could play. I had fun playing around in a "bobblehead" mage. I started a "guest" account and played around until I realized I had to pay to get rest of maps. Yes, I was a founder, but not an OFFICIAL founder.

I quit and a few months or a year I began to play again at sewers cap. I enjoyed it tremendously. I played in a guest account and NEVER turned off my device. I went to 56 and got the CoP. Now, I couldn't make my own account, because I didnt have an email cuz my parents didnt let me have one.

Again, I stopped , and a few months later I made an email and played again 3 days before humania cap. That was I offically started. Pl was my main game. Dl also came out, and I hated it, along with SL. I play up till now, until Bl. Mt. Expansion Came and AL also came,out.

I played Al and came back to pl. When I realized PL was really neglected, I went to AL. They had an expansion just the time blacksmoke mt. Expansion. A few months later, they had ANOTHER expansion, while PL hardly had any good updates at all, other than winterfest and Halloween, which is a copy of 2011 holidays, and new classes.

Al gets updates every single week. I basically rage quit PL. I'm trying to get back to it, but I keep having the thought, "whats the use of capping? Pvp endgame is unbalanced" even with that said, I continue to lvl my bird and ALTs.

Please sts, we hope, we BEG that you start actually noticing PL is your best game, the first, The FOUNDER! How would I know, im just a troll. I admit it, im a troll, considering what others have said about me.
    But please sts, listen to me! If not, listen to the otger three! Ghost, Apollo, and Crimsontider!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    not looking to argue about anything...just want some discourse on when / if some resources will be spent on improving PL. bleh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

@Shadow: Better delete your heartwarming story quickly, if you dont want to go down in flames.
    This thread doesn't need that.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Updating with new content making pl more weak from within, the reason is that, they update the game skin only, meant to say, the inner game mechanism got neglected. When pl was made, the care they took to implemet all the algorithm that works behind the game and impact each and every step we take in pve and in pvp it's prominent, is missing completly.

Simply no step has been taken to revamp the game algorithm, which is adequate and extremly needed. Simple example, whatever I said in this post, and several hundred times said by me in older threads, the percentage stats such as crit, dodge, hit etc.

I strongly beleive whoever created the game algorithm/equations/stats, does not work anymore on sts studios, or is not active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I really fall in love with this game, its was my first online game that i have ever played and its also my first time i spend that much money on a game in my entire life, i first started playing PL when my son ask help to download a game on his iPod and teach him how to play it, since than i can't stop playing PL to this day, the game is fun and friends i made across the world it really makes me happy, but all the fun and good times surely will come to an end, is this the End????? i tried SL, DL and also AL but still my loyalty and love is with PL, I'm thinking is it my time to go, no i guest, so its time for me to hibernate?, the unbalance the lagg is destroying my interest, until new update see ya guys, maybe?? i will still log in but won't be much active just chit chat and say hi.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hey Shadow - I'm 15 if you were wondering. I appreciate the story you shared, same with you BG. This game means a lot to many people... You never know the stories you'll run into.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

And yet...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sus View Post