Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ripmaw Replaced by Slag the Fire Elemental on Thursday - Comparison Shopping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Okay heres the pets a warrior has
    Ripmaw + 15 str
    Ribbit +25 str and crit and health Regan
    Malison,+20 all dodge crit
    Hazel +30 movement health regean
    Shiloh +12 movwment
    Koko + 15 int (lol) 80 armor
    Snaggle + 25 strmana dam red
    Wyatt + 20 str health and damge
    Loki +15 str added dodge and 20 dex
    Hammerjaw 10dama 10 on all pkus mana

So basically most are also useful to rouges...rouges can use ribbit, rip, malison, loki, kettle, flapjack and hammerjaw because buffs highlight dex, crit and/or dodge....

Wyatt, snaggle and hazwl are only rral ones for warrior only and those pail in comparison to mccraw, granitr, glacian, fire, wra thjaw, meepmop, horton, and nexus.

See rogues strengths are dex, dodge, crit, there pets directly improve all areas....warrior strength is health armor and str (should br damage) we jave zero pets that highlight all three strength...koko addrss armor but has int, not str..

Also warrior and mages strength is health and mana, we get a regen on ours,, not a static stat.... rouges crit and dodge is static not a rrgen or progressive increase....

Made needs 30 int 15 str 10% dam, 10 armor, 5 dodge, 5 crit pet
    Warruor needs 30 str 15 mana 10% damage 8 health regean, 60armor pet

Need pwt that highlights are strengyhs not rouges strength
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    Well, don't overdo it ^_^

Shilo gives a buff that lasts like 2-3 secs, it is not static, that would be op indeed xD
    Hazel and snaggle were good before update, but maybe u missed that warriors got nerfed.
    All this pets are not as useful as they used to be cause u can't build up mana quick enough

The warriors that 'cry' are just the ones that haven't tried other classes yet
    Anyway, after the update in pvp I find it hard to believe that warriors can be farm killed that easily or am I wrong?

If u feel that ur class is weak just try another class.
    I love all 3 classes and I hate all their weaknesses depending on what class I play, so yea.., I feel u ^_^
    Oh I have all three classes, I own two rouges and they are opp, there's no skill or challenge to 1-2 hitting people. ...that doesn't make u a great player, sorry :/ warrior right now takes most skill, heal ur team, protect them from gettinf hit, not be able to do a lot of damage, mana usage is utterly ridiculous, we sont get to stand back and push buttons..

As fsr as rip psycho, there's a few rouges who use it... if o had more str would be awesome
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    The happiness boost for slag is insane. The movement speed boost is unneccesary imo.

Edit: How about a subtle change to Ripmaw? Maybe +20 str instead of 15?
    Agree but 25-30... give us a good pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic View Post
    Hello?? Ripmaw is awesome. And I don't see a Mage or rogue using him
    You would be surprised, but some rogues favors ripmaw and flapjack over all other pets in pvp. And mccraw.. is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    You would be surprised, but some rogues favors ripmaw and flapjack over all other pets in pvp. And mccraw.. is awful.
    15dex, 10crit, 10 dodge 7 movement is awful? ?? :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Statwise, its cool. Played with it a lot in pve and pvp - mali better everywhere. Ofc, depends on your build and playstyle, but try it yourself, you will see. I think 10% damage now is better than 10% crit unless you have no aimed shot, so wrath, kettle, flap and loki also better than mccraw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Yes kind Sir, McCraw is trash. Not too long ago during to endless Tank rant era, Assassins were given a INT bonus (still don't understand) and Tanks received a whole computer page long revap. With the bonus Assassins changed their builds. With these builds that include ether going full INT or full DEX with a touch of Knowlegde passive McCraw brings almost every stat down except dodge and crit. This sarifice isnt favorable to most Pro Assassins I have ran with in elite dives. So, do like Assassins and Mages did when Tanks received all that attention...Say, hey...this update/addition/change isnt for my main toon, respec to survive and adapt to just another change in the game.

Edit: I do use my McCraw...on daily quests.
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 03-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, warriors certainly need a better pet. Because you know when I got my sorcerer with his colten pet and I come across a warrior in PvP with their lame pets, they turn and run the other way in fear because of my OP pet. Then I chase them and smash them down easy because of how underpowered they are.

Then I wake up from the dream and remember how it really is:

I come across warriors in PvP, I turn and run and they chase me down. As I'm running I do my best to stun them and unload everything I got on them but of course they know they will probably beat me so they continue to chase me and usually they will catch me and kill me like a fly being smashed into the ground.

Yeah, my OP pet sure does a lot of good there LOL. Warriors are just fine with the pets they have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Haha love ur comment energ...im actually talking about how op rouges are....and their pets...I agre mages need help too however, I pkayed with a group of all maged, pedmon rasi to name a few, their team of five mages ran through everybody, as a team mages are deadly...I love them as team mates. ...1 vs 1. Vs tank they can bes t unser equippes tanka but end gear tank yes will mostly win, im sas when I see u guys get one hit by rouge in a split second. Their damage output needs to come down, but now with this pet its thing up... so they lose health big deal when u cam kill everything on site... if they can equal a tanks health with specs, and medic, a tabk should be able to improve its damage and dps.... right now dps tank 207 tops, rouge 438 is highest ive seen.. now health, warrior 4100, rouge 2200-2800 ( a lot of end game pvpers have this build) we ahould have about 220-230 dps and baout 4400 health to equal out number difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Haha love ur comment energ...im actually talking about how op rouges are....and their pets...I agre mages need help too however, I pkayed with a group of all maged, pedmon rasi to name a few, their team of five mages ran through everybody, as a team mages are deadly...I love them as team mates. ...1 vs 1. Vs tank they can bes t unser equippes tanka but end gear tank yes will mostly win, im sas when I see u guys get one hit by rouge in a split second. Their damage output needs to come down, but now with this pet its thing up... so they lose health big deal when u cam kill everything on site... if they can equal a tanks health with specs, and medic, a tabk should be able to improve its damage and dps.... right now dps tank 207 tops, rouge 438 is highest ive seen.. now health, warrior 4100, rouge 2200-2800 ( a lot of end game pvpers have this build) we ahould have about 220-230 dps and baout 4400 health to equal out number difference

Two things Sir,

1) Refer to my post above

2) Spell check your post before sending.

*No evilness or sarcasm intended*

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Hmmm... I've spent the past 15 minutes looking at the two new pets and making a comparison. This comparison I think is more interesting and possible since both Slag and Glacian are to be rogue favorites (just like so many things in this expansion, yes yes rogue stuff i know). So in this comparison I'll look at benefits to rogues only, knowing that while glacian could be used for warriors and slag for mages, they are far from ideal for them.

Looking at happiness bonus:

-base stats
    Glacian: 15 str, 15 dex, 75 mana
    Slag: 30 dex, 10 int

Even though Glacian is the arcane pet it is worse than Slag with base numbers. Choosing Slag over Glacian will give you a net result of :
    -75 hp
    +25 mana
    +~15 dps

-mana regen

Glacian does give you a nice mana regen of +8, however do not forget that the +10 int from Slag will not only land you more mana, but it'll count towards your mana regen as well. Sadly I do not know the relation between mana regen and int.

-% stat boosts

Glacian: 10% crit
    Slag: 12% dmg, 10% movement speed

Some of you might think that 10% crit should favor Glacian, but you're wrong. If you are going for a crit build rogue, there are far better choices than Glacian for you. 12% dmg ad 10% movement speed is such an overkill on Slag, that it makes it the clear favorite in this comparison. 12% dmg is huge, especially if you look to combine it with the base dmg boost from 30 dex and 10 int on a rogue. Can't point out enough how huge this is.

Arcane Abilities

Glacian: 12 str, 12 dex, 15 int, +10% armor and small mana
    Slag: Ignite and Panic (=DoT burning dmg and 2-3 second long stun with 100% stun rate)

Yes, Glacian's stats do look promising, but let's look at some less impressive pets:
    Koko/Deary: 15 str, 15 dex, 15 int to all allies. Sounds familiar? Yes, the 10% armor boost is nice for a group, but as most rogues will have smoke for pve with larger armor boost and as ctf does not reward teamplay at the moment, this boost is a bit lost. If there was an incentive to boost other players in pvp, maybe this would sound nice, but in all reality, it's not that good.

Now look at Slag. Ignite is the strongest DoT dmg effect, and while I don't know the duration, it'll likely result in 150-200 dmg (estimate) dealt to all nearby opponents. Panic is a really strong stun, with 100% stun rate on Slag, resulting in 2-3 second long stun of ALL opponents in a quite extensive area. Even in pve, this would be favored for rogues, but in pvp this is a must. Since the stun immunity, most rogues have given up stunning ability and went with more dmg output based skills/pets. This pet will allow rogues to combine stun and dmg, turning it into a brutal combination, while adding DoT on top of it. So once again, Slag's ability is favored to Glacian's.

Note:Glacian will be more useful in pve (not working in pvp) with it's rooting normal attack in a future expansion, yet at the moment, this cannot really be considered, so I opted out comparing normal attacks.

Conclusion

And thus to conclude. While Glacian does provide improved mana regen and great team boosting arcane ability (usefulness questionable), in all other areas, especially if you are not looking at teamplay, but your own benefit Slag dominates this comparison!!! So I honestly don't understand why is Slag the mythic and Glacian the arcane pet?? Slag is such a huge favorite in almost every aspect, especially looking at pvp, that I don't really see why is Glacian that much more special. If I'm honest, Slag would be a much better and much more wanted pet, while a small nerf would make Glacian an ideal mythic one.

Feel like y'all confused some stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Two things Sir,

1) Refer to my post above

2) Spell check your post before sending.

*No evilness or sarcasm intended*
    Lol my phones auto correct is deadly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Hmmm... I've spent the past 15 minutes looking at the two new pets and making a comparison. This comparison I think is more interesting and possible since both Slag and Glacian are to be rogue favorites (just like so many things in this expansion, yes yes rogue stuff i know). So in this comparison I'll look at benefits to rogues only, knowing that while glacian could be used for warriors and slag for mages, they are far from ideal for them.

Looking at happiness bonus:

-base stats
    Glacian: 15 str, 15 dex, 75 mana
    Slag: 30 dex, 10 int

Even though Glacian is the arcane pet it is worse than Slag with base numbers. Choosing Slag over Glacian will give you a net result of :
    -75 hp
    +25 mana
    +~15 dps

-mana regen

Glacian does give you a nice mana regen of +8, however do not forget that the +10 int from Slag will not only land you more mana, but it'll count towards your mana regen as well. Sadly I do not know the relation between mana regen and int.

-% stat boosts

Glacian: 10% crit
    Slag: 12% dmg, 10% movement speed

Some of you might think that 10% crit should favor Glacian, but you're wrong. If you are going for a crit build rogue, there are far better choices than Glacian for you. 12% dmg ad 10% movement speed is such an overkill on Slag, that it makes it the clear favorite in this comparison. 12% dmg is huge, especially if you look to combine it with the base dmg boost from 30 dex and 10 int on a rogue. Can't point out enough how huge this is.

Arcane Abilities

Glacian: 12 str, 12 dex, 15 int, +10% armor and small mana
    Slag: Ignite and Panic (=DoT burning dmg and 2-3 second long stun with 100% stun rate)

Yes, Glacian's stats do look promising, but let's look at some less impressive pets:
    Koko/Deary: 15 str, 15 dex, 15 int to all allies. Sounds familiar? Yes, the 10% armor boost is nice for a group, but as most rogues will have smoke for pve with larger armor boost and as ctf does not reward teamplay at the moment, this boost is a bit lost. If there was an incentive to boost other players in pvp, maybe this would sound nice, but in all reality, it's not that good.

Now look at Slag. Ignite is the strongest DoT dmg effect, and while I don't know the duration, it'll likely result in 150-200 dmg (estimate) dealt to all nearby opponents. Panic is a really strong stun, with 100% stun rate on Slag, resulting in 2-3 second long stun of ALL opponents in a quite extensive area. Even in pve, this would be favored for rogues, but in pvp this is a must. Since the stun immunity, most rogues have given up stunning ability and went with more dmg output based skills/pets. This pet will allow rogues to combine stun and dmg, turning it into a brutal combination, while adding DoT on top of it. So once again, Slag's ability is favored to Glacian's.

Note:Glacian will be more useful in pve (not working in pvp) with it's rooting normal attack in a future expansion, yet at the moment, this cannot really be considered, so I opted out comparing normal attacks.

Conclusion

And thus to conclude. While Glacian does provide improved mana regen and great team boosting arcane ability (usefulness questionable), in all other areas, especially if you are not looking at teamplay, but your own benefit Slag dominates this comparison!!! So I honestly don't understand why is Slag the mythic and Glacian the arcane pet?? Slag is such a huge favorite in almost every aspect, especially looking at pvp, that I don't really see why is Glacian that much more special. If I'm honest, Slag would be a much better and much more wanted pet, while a small nerf would make Glacian an ideal mythic one.

Feel like y'all confused some stats
    Great data....shoudknt glacian havr better stats than since its rarer? That and hanmerjaw need boosts imo

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The sharks pale in comparison to the elementals. Expect a slight boost for the old pets or a slight nerf for the new ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

glacian hammerjaw and ripmaw require serious buff, arcane pets doesn't sound like arcane at all. Look arcane hooks - that's the arcane item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Lol my phones auto correct is deadly

Lol, cool. Just letting you know I'm not trying to rag on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, mages as a team can be really good if they all got lifegiver because we can keep healing eachother and refilling mana, plus we all got stuns and AoE skills, so we can fight another group very effectively. Where mages are bad is when we are left alone and have to fend for ourselves 1-on-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the shark ripmaw when it was just released. As a warrior I think it is really poor. Its only good for knocking down enemies. Now that I look back the price vs gain its simply not worth it and SS needs to do better in quantifying these pets especially if you are going to spend so much (feels like being robbed). Strength poor, man regen/health same as Flap Jack which has 15 % damage while shark gives measly 3% reduction in damage. As a said its arcane ability gives you a chance to run away from a fight or a chance to rearm/refuel. They need to test and play with the pets before they release and attached hefty price tag onto them. Yep it looks cool jumping through the ground but that's about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Good review Energizeric,

And I know this was already discussed that the arcane ability seems negligible for Glacian - but one thing that is left out is the arcane ability reset time and the time buff for the ability. In the player guides Glacian's ability is listed as being active for 10 seconds. I don't know what the refresh time is but using Malison as a comparison the refresh time on his arcane ability is 15 seconds. If that's the case 66% of the time people walking around with Glacian (if they constantly hit the arcane ability) they will have the following stat boosts :

+10% Crit, +27 STR, +27 DEX, +12 INT, +75 Mana, and +8 Mana Regen

Those stats are pretty good - and it's a group buff. Overall the user gets 270 health base on the strength alone and any boost from the secondary stat boost based on class. I don't think the 10 second buff time can be overlooked.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 03-26-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

1 thing to say to this, warriors and mages are screwed. Rogues are already the most powerful class, and with 850 armor and 4.2k hp, one crit aimed shot nails me over 40% of my life, with this addition to a good rogues stats, they'll be able to kill people with ease furthermore, and run away when things get rough in pvp with ease. As well as, make their enemy easier to kill and weaker. Rogues can already 1 shot a mage without a shield up, and use a matter of three skills to kill even an elite pvp warrior. Just stating, its quite unfair already for other classes besides rogues. With this new addition to this pet, it'll be even harder for the other classes in Pvp.
    Last edited by Theholyangel; 03-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.