I'm happy that the plat drive has stuck mostly to pets. When PL was our love, we had to watch an amazing game, one that required skill, technique and time to learn your class turn into something that a chimp could play by buying elixirs and skill mashing their way to the top, then brag about being amazing and rich because they spent thousands of real dollars on a game they know not the first thing about playing.

At least you don't NEED the arcane items to play. Idk, I'm considered poor in AL but I've managed to make enough that I'm enjoying myself. I've spent $20 of real money on the game and I have about 600k. Not millions, but, enough that I'm not struggling to buy potions. I don't farm for hours and have been surprised by the good drop rate of elite pirate chests.

At the end of the day, you need to realize that these games are money making vehicles for STS and $$$ is what their ultimate goal is. They make the game pretty and fun enough to play while adding options that make them money. Be grateful that AL hasn't gone so far to plat hell that it's still enjoyable to play if you're not elixir'd up. Although, with the rate of level caps being released, I see that on the horizon.