Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***The Forgotten Myth: Debunking the "OP" Talk***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

and this is where your thread must go wrong then, because if you are to discuss a "debunk" to OP talk, you have to consider all facets of pvp at whatever level we're talking about.

also the reason why i brought up strategy was the same reason you asked the question of why aren't people complaining about melee weapons I.e the reaper. STRATEGY is why people aren't complaining about melee. lol.

also im not sure about my writing skills but im fairly certain i only hit only levels 15 and 20 in my counterargument not every single level which would "make your thread too long" and i never wanted you to assess every weapon, just the ones that made sense at the level that you chose to discuss.

fix: what im tryn to say about why i brought up strategy is that you asked questions and i answered em. lol
    Last edited by loliamsocool; 04-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loliamsocool View Post
    The reason why rose wand was so op was simply the proc combined with hell scream. not the damage...also the PL shield extra 17 armor or something...lol.
    We are complaining because nothing of this sort has ever been attempted on any level...what im saying is nobody has ever raised 50+ damage on anything. Reason why nobody complained was because you were an all around great guy sometime in 2011 and was probably one of only 20s who used rose wand.
    also if you want to make forgotten bows the main weapon, youll probably have to suggest to the devs a forg bow event every year where more "newbies" can get the forg bows they need to pvp. Long as they keep a consistent gameplan with less damage im fine with it.
    I don't necessarily want to keep them, but I'm saying we have to move on with it.

I would however like to see them farmable through perhaps a platinum map? A weapon that outdoes every other weapon from 1-45 should not be discontinued.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

and this is where your thread must go wrong then, because if you are to discuss a "debunk" to OP talk, you have to consider all facets of pvp at whatever level we're talking about.

also the reason why i brought up strategy was the same reason you asked the question of why aren't people complaining about melee weapons I.e the reaper. STRATEGY is why people aren't complaining about melee. lol.
    You realize there are other levels which DO use melee weapons, correct? But it is nice to know you made a new forum account just for my thread. Thanks!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You realize there are other levels which DO use melee weapons, correct? But it is nice to know you made a new forum account just for my thread. Thanks!
    you realize that i was also mainly talkng about level 15s to 20s and im not sure what making forums accounts has to do with any of our conversation, in fact im not even sure why you would thank me for providing counter arguments to your thread.

EDIT: also i do realize that people use melee weapons...just let me know if many 35 reaper guys can beat a 35 fbow mage consistently...if they can then a chunk of my argument regarding level *35* has been taken away...

if they cant then tell me if a voodoo mage can consistently beat an equally skilled fbow mage and then tell me how the results can help debunk op talk.
    Last edited by loliamsocool; 04-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I don't necessarily want to keep them, but I'm saying we have to move on with it.

I would however like to see them farmable through perhaps a platinum map? A weapon that outdoes every other weapon from 1-45 should not be discontinued.
    platinum map...whatever works for sts lol long as damage gets nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Food for thought: As long as events keep coming around, to be honest, everybody will have a fair chance in PvP so long as they can afford to buy the weapon (which is pretty moderately priced, especially when comparing them to the old WF pinks everybody rages about).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

platinum map...whatever works for sts lol long as damage gets nerfed
    Lots of people would be willing to spend platinum, and it would keep the prices low for those who want to buy them with gold.

I mentioned that as an incentive for STS to turn the idea into a business opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lots of people would be willing to spend platinum, and it would keep the prices low for those who want to buy them with gold.

I mentioned that as an incentive for STS to turn the idea into a business opportunity.
    perhaps maps payable with gold as well...for example 2 plat per run and...50k per run or something idk. Could be a solution to the inflation problem that i see people talk about whenever i go into townes lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

perhaps maps payable with gold as well...for example 2 plat per run and...50k per run or something idk. Could be a solution to the inflation problem that i see people talk about whenever i go into townes lol
    Dragon is already a solution to that problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dragon is already a solution to that problem.
    Doesnt that just transfer the epic amounts of gold to yet another person. Id think that removing inflation in this game would be to completely remove some gold from the system circulation...find another thread to discuss this though, afraid this thread is getting off topic from the original topic of forgotten bow op talk debunking of the sort.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Pvped today, and I was kiting with a Halloween chunker, and yet voodoos can auto me. Its weird.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..