Quote Originally Posted by Anchoret View Post
First off, kudos to the development team at STS for the beautifully styled Nordr map. It's visually stunning, and quite creative in its content.

I don't mind the ice patches per se, they are simply another obstacle/challenge to overcome. However, I've always, ever since launch day, played most areas with camera zoomed in, because I find it makes things more enjoyable, especially given how gorgeous the graphics are in the game. However, because we can't move camera angle as we can in PL, played zoomed in has posed some minor challenges. This was mostly tolerable in previous maps.

That being said, my concern is this: If you play any Nordr areas zoomed in, it is almost impossible to see the ice before you step in it. I really wish we could move the camera angle, because otherwise, the ubiquitous ice patches act as an effective deterrent against playing zoomed in. You might say, k, then don't play zoomed in, but what's the point of having the zoom feature and the beautiful graphics if we can't get an up-close look at them?
)
Back on topic!

Regarding the zoomed in camera. I played fully zoomed in on an iPhone and honestly, you can see the frost patches even better when zoomed in. This is because as the camera zooms in it rotates slightly and expands it's field of view so you can actually see farther in front of you. You do have a bit reduced view behind and to the far sides of you, but you still, at least in my experiences, have enough view range to see and avoid frost patches if you're looking out for them.

Camera zoomed out:
Name:  Camera-Angle-zoomed-out.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  57.5 KB

Camera zoomed in:
Name:  Camera-Angle-zoomed-in.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  56.6 KB