The difficult argument I see here is that STS now says glacian is a defensive pet and not meant to out damage a season 1 legendary pet one could purchase for 90 plat or in game gold. However when samhayne was promoting glacian on YouTube , he clearly stated "wait to see how powerful this pet will be at level 30". The implied impression is that glacian is an ARCANE pet and is special not only for its rarity but its abilities. What then makes it special if it can't outperform season 1 pets?

The whole idea of arcane items ,may it be pets or weapons, is to be the top echelon of its class. Hooks and now the warrior arcane hammer are clearly the top echelon for these classes. The next expansion should be redemption for the sorcerers when their arcane weapon is revealed. The arcane pets glacian and Hammerjaw have much to be desired as their top echelon of their class.

As I was leveling to 31 I had the opportunity to play with glacian owners in wt4 and they used malison or slag and did not use glacian for several reasons. 1) glacian has a ranged attack and doesn't come near the players to buff them. 2) the player had to run way past the target area because of poor tracking issues i.e. too slow to follow 3) glacian has single target damage and the player can quickly become overwhelmed. 4) other pets such as slag or malison could handle crowd control much much better.
There are further examples of why glacian and now Hammerjaw are underwhelming and need to be buffed or given aoe effects that would make them the top echelon of their class.

The point is that ARCANE items in Arcane Legends should be clearly the top echelon items to strive for both in hard work and in opening crates/chests. Malison should not be nerfed and that has clearly been stated by the developers, but arcane pets should clearly be desired not only for their rarity but also for their abilities. The rarity of arcane items does not affect game balance as has been said before by the developers. Therefore buffing up the arcane pets particularly the single target attacks, should have very little bearing in game balance. Lastly I would like to thank you the developers for making an awesome game that enthralls each and every one of us to be as passioned enough to take the time to help mold the game and its player community.