Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-05-16 Content Update (120640)

Lady_Pebbles

Any chance yall can make a quick Puerto Rican and Cuban flag? I mean its quite simple since its the same flag but colors reversed. I know PR isn't a country but still would be nice to sport the flag come this June and September during the festivals.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for making the elixirs last longer. I appreciate it! It will help a lot in the elite runs. I don't even mind the price being 4plat for them due to the fact that the duration doubled so the prices followed. Its understandable. Hell, Im happy they're not 5 or 10 plat per elixir! Although I can see why players are a bit upset about the price. Perhaps an option 12 or 15% luck elixir for 2 plat would suffice? Idk

My only concern now is that hopefully the luck elixirs actually reroll because before this update, sometimes the luck elixirs don't reroll at all.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-16-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Talking luck and the other elixirs. Speed is another I will sometimes use and will no longer be using.
    Yeah, something about a 2 measly plat for a quick 15 minutes vs 4 plat for a half hour commitment. Gonna end up spending at least 8 a session and sticking around a lot longer, but ... 2 measly plat ... that's what justifies starting.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

OMG STS whats up with that 4Plat 30minutes XP elixier ****?
    U simply just doubled the price?
    Thats a pretty lame move...
    At least give us the choice back to buy the old 2Plat 15minutes one...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeriuss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[QUOTE=H2N;1097606][LIST][*]Awesome new content! Visit Olde Yodler in Stronghold and take his new normal difficulty Nordr quests - earn Golden Warchests, 300 XP, and Elite Silver Warchests everyday!
    Why I don't receive those quests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Any chance yall can make a quick Puerto Rican and Cuban flag? I mean its quite simple since its the same flag but colors reversed. I know PR isn't a country but still would be nice to sport the flag come this June and September during the festivals.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for making the elixirs last longer. I appreciate it! It will help a lot in the elite runs. I don't even mind the price being 4plat for them due to the fact that the duration doubled so the prices followed. Its understandable. Hell, Im happy they're not 5 or 10 plat per elixir! Although I can see why players are a bit upset about the price. Perhaps an option 12 or 15% luck elixir for 2 plat would suffice? Idk

My only concern now is that hopefully the luck elixirs actually reroll because before this update, sometimes the luck elixirs don't reroll at all.

I don't see the point in doubling duration if they double the price. I would prefer 15 minutes for half. There is no benefit from a player perspective
    Last edited by Rare; 05-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • Locked Grand Crates of the Watch always give the opener 1,000 gold!
    • Plus, when you open a Locked Crate you have the chance to get up to a bonus 100 Platinum and 50,000 gold instead of an epic item!
    • Awesome new content! Visit Olde Yodler in Stronghold and take his new normal difficulty Nordr quests - earn Golden Warchests, 300 XP, and Elite Silver Warchests everyday!
    • The Sorcerer Mythic Gun now has a small chance to proc on a normal attack.
    • The Rogue Mythic Bow now has a small chance to proc on a normal attack.
    • The Rogue Mythic Bow's base statistics have been slightly improved.
    • The double power special on the XP Elixir has ended.
    • Increased duration of elixirs to 30 minutes.
    • Flapjack’s arcane ability cooldown fixed to 18 seconds.
    • Aimed Shot upgrade Deadly Focus now lasts for the specified duration.
    • The friends list window now displays the number of friends request, and the number of ignore.
    • The guild window now displays the number of guild invitations.
    • New country flag banners now available in The Store.
    Why I don't receive those quests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are complaining about the duration for the elixers, but no one is forcing you to stay online for the whole 30 mins. You know you can go back to town and keep it paused while you're offline? I think people are crying just to cry. In the end if you buy 2 rerolls, that's 4 plat for 30 mins. Nothing really changed other than having to stop after 15 mins to purchase another. Decent update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great update! Love the new dailies in Nordr - all those spiders and wolves are fun. Plat/gold chances in crates also a great move. Well done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok well, I'm very upset that sts messed up the Canadian flag =(..... why will u guys do all the other flags correct, but the Canada flag is well..., for better words very bad..... can u please make it better than it is now... I will never buy a Canada flag that looks that bad.......... than for my rant lol, please correct it =)
    please...
    • Imme

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I know players were calling for longer elixirs, but you sell em two places. How bout 30 minutes in the store and 15 in the pop up? Pop up is also where most mis clicks happen so this dampens that problem.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fearlocker View Post
    ok well, I'm very upset that sts messed up the Canadian flag =(..... why will u guys do all the other flags correct, but the Canada flag is well..., for better words very bad..... can u please make it better than it is now... I will never buy a Canada flag that looks that bad.......... than for my rant lol, please correct it =)
    please...
    Fear not, this will be fixed in the next update!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMV View Post
    You guys are complaining about the duration for the elixers, but no one is forcing you to stay online for the whole 30 mins. You know you can go back to town and keep it paused while you're offline? I think people are crying just to cry. In the end if you buy 2 rerolls, that's 4 plat for 30 mins. Nothing really changed other than having to stop after 15 mins to purchase another. Decent update.
    Since reading comprehension/conclusion drawing seems to be a bit lacking today, let me explain to you how some of us play.

I buy a luck elix for 2 plat. It lasts 15 minutes. I kill the boss in a run, it may or may not reroll, that's fine. Then one of my guildies asks me to help w something (maybe leveling in wt4, for example). If I've spent 2 plat and have like 10 mins left on the elixir, asking the guildie to wait while I go run the rest of it isn't too bad. What's ten minutes, right? But if I tell him to wait 25 minutes, that kind of sucks for him.

Or, if I decide to just go and lose my reroll on boss chance, who cares? It's only 2 plat. Not too bad. But if I have just spend four plat, I'll be less okay w losing my plat.

Again, it's about taking my control to spend my plat how I see fit and it's the slow, sneaky changes that require us to spend/waste more plat. In the end I will spend less plat and/or stop logging on as much.

So, for those of you who are happy that it's longer, it just speaks to me of laziness, as pushing "purchase elix" wasn't cumbersome during runs. Doubling the length of time has zero player benefit and 100% company benefit.

P.S. I'm not crying. I'm annoyed that the small changes I saw change PL drastically are starting here but I'm nowhere near crying.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I know players were calling for longer elixirs, but you sell em two places. How bout 30 minutes in the store and 15 in the pop up? Pop up is also where most mis clicks happen so this dampens that problem.
    I think this is a great suggestion and better than my venting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ya I agree with everyone else on the luck elixer deal...I mean what was the point? Its the same thing..kinda lame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

So how come in the new quests ive killed like 300 spiders my pet will not level up at all? Levwla up fine in other levels but not new quests
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    So how come in the new quests ive killed like 300 spiders my pet will not level up at all? Levwla up fine in other levels but not new quests
    We're discussing that internally. Pets receive XP from mob XP, however the only mobs that provide XP in the new quest oriented dungeons are from the minibosses themselves. Turning in a quest does not provide XP for your pet.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Meh. So why make the change? There is is no player benefit. Ok. You get to save two screen clicks every fifteen minutes.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Thing is, what if I want to do something else, like Panda help a guildie. I'll be okay wasting 2 plat, but 4?

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

2plat 15Min loot reroll- take reroll bef Boss dies then u have 1-2 maps worth of farming with reroll on your 3rd map loot reroll times out in the middle of the map its ok cause you can just pop another reroll before boss dies.. On your third map you wont be wasting average of 5-8mins worth of your time in mobs +boss killing because you can just pop in your reroll before boss dies and use it remaining time on your next couple of maps..

4plat 30mins reroll - Youre plat continuosly ticks and you dont have any control over it...

More plats wasted more plats sale for sts... I was very happy when i read that elix are now 2x longer but was shocked that it now cost 4plats? Wheres the logic in that?
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 05-16-2013 at 06:57 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellowpy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Actually the 15 min elixir is just right to run nordia mine. I don't like the 30min commitment because sometimes i purchase a 15 min elixir, do a run either in nordia or some other map and take a break, go to normal maps to help guildies or whatever. With the 30 min elixir I won't be doing anything besides farming while the elixir is active, so this is a bad change for me. I much prefer the flexibility of the 15min elixir.

Can we please have the option for a 15min elixir back?

The toeless smurf!