Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix the "getting hit outside red areas from Bosses" in Nordr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackz View Post
    This. Sts is making bank off ppl having to Res in order to get credit for the kill. The wars can tank it out but rogue/sorc has no chance at the big hits last quarter of HP for boss. Splat left/right. Then if u try to run back the boss is either dead and no credit or reset after others die/leave. Only way to beat bosses is to beg guildies...lol...or buy plat and Res at last sec and run to edge of screen and hope the wide impact bug doesn't kill u again. Game just isn't fun anymore for anyone aside from plat decked players or uber tank wars.

U simply cannot get a group of RANDOMS to fight a boss with u for credit. Those days are GONE if bosses stay like this in regular mode. I had to wait until nordr came out and I fled both my rogue and sorc to 28ish before I completed kraken isles and 30 to get all nordr up to grimnr done. Still can't gert anyone to help lol. Doomed. Had to spend plat on fro stir and wolf to spawn at last second for credit. I'm done doing it their way. I will just merchant now/then and beat last campaign after lvling thru new ones. Rinse/repeat. Not spending another dime of my real money on it after I'm out this time. Greed has gotten the company far as I'm concerned.

Its funny u can't even find nordr boss guides...why? Cause its useless to try with their horrid attacks and out of range kill attacks and one hits.

My guide for grimnr = don't fight until lvld next expansion unless u r a decked war with guildies. Done, if u must fight....when he goes red run away and let him reset then rinse/repeat until thoroughly exhausted and turn off game. Done
    There's a guide about nordr bosses but it's for tanks though on warriors discussion sub-forum.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abrai View Post
    There's a guide about nordr bosses but it's for tanks though on warriors discussion sub-forum.
    Yeah I know. Mine for rogues and smurfs lol. Run...just run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I really don't understand stand why they haven't addressed this issue yet, it's been a few weeks and a lot of people have complained about it on and off the forums but they don't seem to care or want to acknowledge it which isn't to surprising i guess.

Their attitude on this seems like the one we get when we try to bring up the issues with lag that have been plaguing their games forever but they always say it's mainly a problem on our end and for this issue they say it's a latency issue and a server one and that what we see is wrong and the server is right.

I strongly disagree with that due to the number of people talking about it and the fact it only seems to be happening with the nordr bosses.

Also lately it's been hard enough as it is to find a party willing to stay and fight them which usually ends up with you having to solo them but these glitches make it extremely frustrating to do so since if you die the boss will reset.

Please sts fix this issue, it's not a ping or latency issue, nor a server error because it only seems to affect the nordr bosses.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Asahetek For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

They want fix it cause ppl Utah boss to 10% and desperate for achievement so they pay to respawn..only to die again and stop...only to try again.

Of course when u r the dev and hooked to the server u see no lag lol. Easy to blame ppl connection. They need to get their butts to notes around country/world and try to play with a subparmcharacter profile and experience the horror first hand is what needs to happen...Verizon guy did it...can u hear me now? Why can't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The way to fix this is not to make the red zone so large and the bosses attack after the red zone a bit slower. Because a race between you and the server, the server will always win. So you can say its lag or this is just how it is. But in reality, its the way you implement things because there will always be network latency when you have a network game. I wonder if they only test this on their local LAN and say everything is fine. I don't play much over a cellular network, but I can imagine this problem is much worse. So you need some kind of consideration for this. What is really amusing I can sit right on the edge of the red zone where it kind of looks like I am standing inside of it and not be hit. But if I get trapped inside of it, run way outside, I am almost always hit. The time between the red zone appearing and the boss attack is pretty fast. My guess in the next release they will not show these red zones so people can't tell so there is less complaining.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Please fix the "getting hit outside red areas from Bosses" in Nordr

Well on Frostir I could maybe see lag being related to the problem but on Frostbite it is definitely something else. I can be standing to the side of his hind legs before he even charges the attack and the whole time it is charging (not even close to being inside the cone) and yet I can still be pulled or have an ice patch dropped in my lap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree with you on the frostbite thing and that it's definitely pulling people out of its range but it's not as bad as it used to be. I disagree with you on the frostnir one because i checked my ping before, and during the fight and stayed in the green.
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-01-29-11.png
Views: 81
Size:  383.1 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-01-30-22.png
Views: 83
Size:  351.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-01-31-45.png
Views: 83
Size:  365.9 KB

Lol actually my ping went down during the battle.

Didn't get get hit out of the zone that one but it did happen the run after and my ping was green and i checked it when i respawned and was 169 so again i don't think it is lag nor a server issue, and if it was the case then why aren't the other bosses having these issues, and why are they only happening when you are in the zone but escape it and are a fair distance away from it also i can be in the zone and not get hit.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-18-2013 at 11:27 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Asahetek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Still can't believe that sts still hasn't fixed this yet i mean come on it's been a few weeks or more and players have brought this to your attention and yet frostbite still pulls from you in well out of it's range and frostir is still hitting and one hit ko'ed people outside of his zone.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-20-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The way to fix this is not to make the red zone so large and the bosses attack after the red zone a bit slower. Because a race between you and the server, the server will always win. So you can say its lag or this is just how it is. But in reality, its the way you implement things because there will always be network latency when you have a network game. I wonder if they only test this on their local LAN and say everything is fine. I don't play much over a cellular network, but I can imagine this problem is much worse. So you need some kind of consideration for this. What is really amusing I can sit right on the edge of the red zone where it kind of looks like I am standing inside of it and not be hit. But if I get trapped inside of it, run way outside, I am almost always hit. The time between the red zone appearing and the boss attack is pretty fast. My guess in the next release they will not show these red zones so people can't tell so there is less complaining.
    I agree with this the most in terms of Frostnir. You got to run out of the red zone really early or else you will still get hit even if it looks like you make it out of the red zone in time. I think an excellent solution is to build in more delay between when the red zone disappears and when the boss actually attacks.

In terms of Frostbite, it seems as though it is a different issue. He is still doing an axe throw like skill and pulling you in even if you are on the side or behind him. Maybe related to how the red zone used to spin around Frostbite before he actually attacked before they "fixed" this...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

No frostir is definitely hitting out of his zone even if you escape (with a speed elixer or frost 15% movement speed boost) it by a wide margin and he seems to hit harder in normal maps than in elite which is kinda odd.

Frostbite pulls when you are on the side of him, by it's hind legs, or way in front of his attack range.

Would take screen shots but is kinda difficult to do so while in combat.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Asahetek For This Useful Post: