Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lag is stopping me from returning to PVP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    but the cause is most likely a user based problem
    so this is user based problem? Ok answer me. Is it playbale on edge or not?

What ever your answer is, obviously you'll contradict yourself. If the game claims that it is playbale over EDGE then, it should do fine, and your point that, "you should move on to other better network, i.e moving on with technology " is worthless then, if you say no it's not playbale on edge then obviously sts should not say all over that it can be played over EDGE connection.

Now as far as my personal experience is concerned, you obviously did not read what I said first. I.e I always do speed test, and I find it always same ping and speed.

Now as far as devices are concern, if you notice the requirements are very basic. If anyone has a armv7 device and opengl version 2, he'll be able to play no matter what is his cpu and gpu i.e consider to be very basic. Even it can be play on a device 600mZ single core processor, OMG its true.

My current device is a dual core 1.5Gz CPU, 1GB RAM, game like old classic Max Payne play find zero lag, which has been ported to android, same PC style.

As per bench mark test, I know my device can run 10 pl game at the same time, obviously excluding the net connection factor.

Hopefully you know now, what I tried to say.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-24-2013 at 10:15 PM.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    You were an iceberg/shivering talon bear
    good old lvl 31 riot bears.... I miss those days
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post

What ever your answer is, obviously you'll contradict yourself. If the game claims that it is playbale over EDGE then, it should do fine, and your point that, "you should move on to other better network, i.e moving on with technology " is worthless then, if you say no it's not playbale on edge then obviously sts should not say all over that it can be played over EDGE connection.

Now as far as my personal experience is concerned, you obviously did not read what I said first. I.e I always do speed test, and I find it always same ping and speed.

Now as far as devices are concern, if you notice the requirements are very basic. If anyone has a armv7 device and opengl version 2, he'll be able to play no matter what is his cpu and gpu i.e consider to be very basic. Even it can be play on a device 600mZ single core processor, OMG its true.

My current device is a dual core 1.5Gz CPU, 1GB RAM, game like old classic Max Payne play find zero lag, which has been ported to android, same PC style.

As per bench mark test, I know my device can run 10 pl game at the same time, obviously excluding the net connection factor.

excuse me, can i have my thread back? Thank you. None of this is relevant to the OP's concern. Apollo answered me, you didn't. Deal with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Apple likes to gg their customers.

Epic Zombie Apocalypse MINI movie [part 1]: http://youtu.be/TvS_9Ka2R04

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I caught, ping constantly red and disappears. My game as a comedy, I have good stats, but because of the lag I just noob. If you play for reputation, you need a good ping, phone, build, and gold.Bad ping is the same as the cripple at the Olympic Games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurgenl View Post
    I caught, ping constantly red and disappears. My game as a comedy, I have good stats, but because of the lag I just noob. If you play for reputation, you need a good ping, phone, build, and gold.Bad ping is the same as the cripple at the Olympic Games.
    Didn't a cripple run in the real Olympics this year?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

What should be the answer to a silly question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

And he faced the same fate i am...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurgenl View Post
    What should be the answer to a silly question?
    A silly answer

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    And he faced the same fate i am...
    Yeah for some reason I've been having lag issues lately as well. It's quite frustrating indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Z whats ur 26s name?

and mainly i play on 4g itouch i get yellow to red ping however my laptop gets way better connection so as many have said its just the device
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post

Oh, it's playable, definitely, just a question of what you consider playable. The ability to load the game & perform the functions of the game means that it is playable. However, the quality of the playability is something else entirely.

What is your ping and speed? I'm curious to know so I can help assist. Did you read my guide in Technical & Bugs section? It's stickied at the very top, so if you are experiencing any of the symptoms addressed, that may be the cause of your lag.

I sincerely hope you didn't think that meeting the minimum specifications to run the game meant that you'd be able to play it flawlessly. That is like upgrading a half-decade old computer to Windows 8 and expecting it to run the operating system the same as a higher-end spec'd device. It'll be able to run it fine, yes, but not as well as a higher-spec'd device.

Yes, that is an old classic game, so with those specs, your device should find no difficulty.

Older devices can run many instances of the game too, but the question is based on smoothness & other factors.

Yes, I do know what you're trying to say. I am also trying to say that mobile technology is a very fast moving market. In this market, within a year your device is outdated, but still able to keep it's head above water. However, within 2 years, it's on its last legs. Why? Advancements & 2 year contracts. Cell phone companies want you to upgrade, so as a result, advancements and tougher requirements are going to be pushing factors to "encourage you to upgrade".

My advice? Upgrade everything if you want flawless connection. I've played from India before too & it isn't that bad at all if you have the right equipment.
    There is an extremely simple concept of playing experience. Yes, the game is playing on edge however obviously the playing experience will be horrid when compared to a higher end device equipped with a dual-band antennae on a strong & stable WiFi connection.

EDGE is a cellular based internet. All cellular based internets are not consistent at all, so the fact that you're telling me you spike a lot is not surprising. If you aren't aware, edge is an internet connection that was considered modern two generations ago. Honestly, that is like expecting your 56K dial-up internet to still be top-notch and keep up. It'll definitely be playable as it can load up the game, but the definition of playable is largely controversial. So, to somebody who is pampered with green ping a majority of the time, your EDGE data and device would be utter garbage, but to someone who has never played an MMO and realize what ping is, your EDGE data and device would be pretty darn good.

You don't believe me? Alright, lets take a real life example: cars. These days, in modern luxury cars, you are able to get 0-60 speeds achievable by the highest spec'd cars a decade ago. Now, those cars that were top in their class a decade ago can barely keep up with cars these days.

Example: A 2013 Lexus GS350 FAMILY sedan is able to get from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. That is FAST & it's not even a powerful engine in there. An Acura NSX, a car considered one of the best in it's class a decade ago, can barely keep up with that these days. In short, you simply cannot expect top-notch performance out of old technology, otherwise upgrades would be pointless.

EDIT: Answered some things in bold in your quote as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-26-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Answered some things in bold in your quote as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE=Apollo View Post
    There is an extremely simple concept of playing experience. Yes, the game is playing on edge however obviously the playing experience will be horrid when compared to a higher end device equipped with a dual-band antennae on a strong & stable WiFi connection.

EDGE is a cellular based internet. All cellular based internets are not consistent at all, so the fact that you're telling me you spike a lot is not surprising. If you aren't aware, edge is an internet connection that was considered modern two generations ago. Honestly, that is like expecting your 56K dial-up internet to still be top-notch and keep up. It'll definitely be playable as it can load up the game, but the definition of playable is largely controversial. So, to somebody who is pampered with green ping a majority of the time, your EDGE data and device would be utter garbage, but to someone who has never played an MMO and realize what ping is, your EDGE data and device would be pretty darn good.

You don't believe me? Alright, lets take a real life example: cars. These days, in modern luxury cars, you are able to get 0-60 speeds achievable by the highest spec'd cars a decade ago. Now, those cars that were top in their class a decade ago can barely keep up with cars these days.

Example: A 2013 Lexus GS350 FAMILY sedan is able to get from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. That is FAST & it's not even a powerful engine in there. An Acura NSX, a car considered one of the best in it's class a decade ago, can barely keep up with that these days. In short, you simply cannot expect top-notch performance out of old technology, otherwise upgrades would be pointless.

EDIT: Answered some things in bold in your quote as well.
    *cough* 2013 NSX *cough* too fast

Burningdex;1110047]Z whats ur 26s name?

and mainly i play on 4g itouch i get yellow to red ping however my laptop gets way better connection so as many have said its just the device[/QUOTE]

Yeah I try playing on my laptop now. Lag is virtually nonexistent, but the controls are quite awkward. At least I have potential doing it now, just gotta get used to the way it feels.

my lvl 26 twink is Zeriouself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Meh it's not apple.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Yeah I try playing on my laptop now. Lag is virtually nonexistent, but the controls are quite awkward. At least I have potential doing it now, just gotta get used to the way it feels.

my lvl 26 twink is Zeriouself
    ok im twinkstyle
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Meh it's not apple.
    it's just the ipod4. My laptop is great for now. I just figured out how to hotkey skills down so it feels a lot less awkward.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

it's just the ipod4. My laptop is great for now. I just figured out how to hotkey skills down so it feels a lot less awkward.
    You learned how to change the buttons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    You learned how to change the buttons?
    yeah sorta. Debating whether i should put a thread about it. I think i will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

yeah sorta. Debating whether i should put a thread about it. I think i will.
    That or I have to figure it out myself cause computer is so much faster and smoother but man the controls are awkward...
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

also got an ipad mini from "Apple" and i have 0 lags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I'm just thinking its where you live... What plan your internet is on .. The time you play... How old your device is and little things on your device that can make you lag heaps.. Bugs that make you lag.
    Veni Vidi Vici