Thread: How to deal with beggers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Default How to deal with beggers

As the game progresses its becoming more and more impossible to chill out in a town without being begged for gold.
    Its extreamly hard to walk around with a "filthy rich" title cause its like a giant target for beggers
    Selling mythic items in town? i challenge you to avoid getting pms that go like "youre rich give me gold pls sir"

So i prepared a list of a few techniques that may help to cope with the problem.

1. ignore: the second a player begs you for gold inspect him and click ignore, overtime youll have a giant list of people, probably bigger than your friends list

2. repeat beg- if a player pms you "give me 2k plz" you pm him "you give me 2k plz sir", many times they stop right there, other times the trolling must go on but its fun trolling if youre not busy

3. gold troll- if you have a significant amount of gold show the begger in the trade window, let him see the fruits of hard work
    not sure if that will actually work other than the fact that its fun, it might inspire the begger to beg some more, and for bigger chunks of gold.

4. snitch technique- tell the random begger youre gonna tell on him to his guild master, usually they come from small unknown guilds so you dont actually know the gm,
    hell sometime the begger is the guild master -.- but give it a try

Back in the days when i found haunlet runs fun i used to gift random low lvls all the chests i found at haunlet, but now when i gift low lvls that usually follows with a pm from the player "give more plz".
    I dont know if gifting to low lvls is effective anymore as it might inspire them to look for gifts from EVERYONE around them.

thats my guide, thank you very much for reading =]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post: