Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request: No more Elite Dungeons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I am in favor of removing elite versions of maps. I know some people like them, but I'm not a big fan. They're too time consuming and there's barely any reward.

While I can't say I have ever enjoyed running elite maps, I can say that I have enjoyed casual farming with friends. Getting out there, killing stuff, having some laughs, getting egg drops. Those are some of the best times I've had in AL. To throw in those incredibly rare chances of getting awesome loot would be a great addition to the game.

I also like the idea of randomly spawning elite bosses in normal areas. I think that would be pretty exciting and help shake things up a little bit. Of course, they would have a higher chance of dropping that great loot, but it still must be rare.

Here's an idea I have to help add more diversity to these randomly spawning bosses. Add 3 levels of randomly spawning bosses. You could have that random boss that is harder and appears randomly throughout the map, you could also have the random elite boss that spawns in place of the normal boss for better loot drop chances, and you could also have the mega rare super elite boss. The super elite boss will randomly appear AFTER killing the boss at the end of the map. This boss will not only be super hard and require a good team to kill efficiently, but it also has a time limit that it has to be killed in. So say the super mega rare elite boss spawns, you have 5 minutes or so to kill him. If you kill him, you get the best possible loot drops, if the time limit expires, the boss runs away.

I think it would be exciting to have the possibility of random bosses popping up in your everyday farming. Super elite mega bosses with time limits would also help quench the thirst for the hardcore players.

Of course, I think there should also be at least one dungeon designed per campaign specifically for elite players. It's not a normal dungeon just vamped up in difficulty, it's a whole new dungeon with a specific strategy in mind and very difficult. This will be good for people who enjoy something very challenging, and it will also keep the leaderboard battles healthy for the fastest completion of the elite dungeon. Of course drop rates would be a tad higher than normal, but the dungeon will be for the more competitive players looking to challenge themselves and battle for leaderboard positions. Casual players won't feel like they're missing out if they decide to skip on a campaign's elite dungeon.

Of course you could keep the shorter arena battles and crates for the players would prefer to farm with their wallets over spending time out in the field.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bastok For This Useful Post: