Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove CTF Flags Achivement and LB's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drain View Post
    What you need is ability to host games. Then you won't have to deal with such players.
    Actually, that would create another issue.

So called guilds would invite their members for free flagging constantly. You won't have to deal with them, but now they have a way of exploiting the system discreetly.

Just my opinion.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1 Love ...

totally thinkin same of this thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

getting chased all night by the same group of people ... it's like I got a bounty on my head

they really gotta disable the join button for pvp

*edit and auto-boot afkers if they afk for more than a minute*
    Last edited by gundamsone; 07-13-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Dont worry ima pretty sure that we will able to keep pvp whit em on 5 vs 1 but the most thing that sux is " ahaah he left we win"

5 guildmates vs me pretty lame...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    getting chased all night by the same group of people ... it's like I got a bounty on my head

they really gotta disable the join button for pvp

*edit and auto-boot afkers if they afk for more than a minute*
    If you think thats a bad you havent even seen Mvpvp at L17 pvp...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Remove the join button, yes please do.

Don't remove the PvP lb, without it I see no reason to work hard.

Don't remove the achievements either. Chiyuk got all his flags in a legit way & at endgame. You just want to erase all his hard work?

Don't remove kdr, without it I wouldn't see a reason to PvP. If I didn't get to see my overall kills, I don't see a reason to PvP.

I was in a solo guild (my own) with my friend & we gang bange each other like mad, because it's just a freaking game. I don't have whole guilds ganging me, not when I was solo, not when I was in a guild.

Not many guilds I've seen abide the don't kill guildies rule anyways, I didn't & I made them mad at me, so they killed me back. Like I said, just a game.

-> Solutions <-
    -> Leave the game if you get ganged.
    -> Leave the game if your guild is on the opposite team.
    -> Kill the flagger
    -> If someone tells you not to kill them, target them & trust me, they will start killing aka. Helping their group.

<->

If you can't take the pressure of gangers, leave the game.

<->

Also, I don't feel the pressure without a guild. Just saying, this is my opinion.
    Last edited by Delphina; 07-13-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Its easy to be or go random love when there are players who are fully mhytic and use ribbit in pvp.you can kill those under equipped almost instantiously.and I do see you often go solo than in a group.not being nasty but just my 2cents.

I personally feel there's pro and cons of having such principle of not murdering your kind.it depends on how you transcend this into an enjoyable playing experience.you have stronger ties with guildmates.on the other hand it can create drama if not handle wisely.

PVP is teamplay anyways hence I don't see why its always an issue when a guild person calling his guildmates to help.other than being organized won't you have more consideration to help one of your own?

Going random is not necessarily bad hence you have friends to ask for help.I played in random games quitenoften too.smtms its bad when its bad team.smtms we triumph bcoz of good teamwork than soloing for personal glory.else sts have to consider creating a 1v1 pvp room as you know they are those who would opt for that due to their superior build or rage of losing.sts has been grateful enough to providebus options to even leave the hame and join other rooms to satisfy our need to kills.

I can't say much bout your take on lb as I wasn't here since the first season so maybe other players have hauled their a s s to work hard and end a spot there with exception to twinkers.

There too much rage, trash talk and ganging happens coz u play with real people who loves competiton and try to prove something.tho its not ethical but something that can't be avoided.u feel best when you are winning and whiing and raging when losing its the game.

I hope the above are not seen as flaming.if you feel that you need more constructive opinions that I feel that perhaps the serven can be improved to oessen the bad pings tht cause severe damage to both gaming experience and anger management.else I think its at its best for now.

Sts has done a good job with tdm to answer thebdissatisfaction of the traditional pvp map which I gathered is afavorable by many except me.coz I hate that trulle and camera angle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i'd expect a more constructive post coming from you.
    why don't we all join the big guilds out there and have many tea parties in CTF

next room is filled with guilds too? what to do?

and you know it's hard for people to see their own mistakes when they've been apart of a big guild for such a long time.
    try soloing for a week and you'll get what we're facing

I DO know what you are facing and I'm pretty sure ink knows as well...

Many times when we want kills ... None of us pvp together because it becomes a constant ksing... So ya.. I know for a fact many many of us have puged pvp many times. I do most of the time. I still don't agree with your suggestions
    Chilicrush - Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

hulk heres a prime example for you.
    Happened just now in my last ctf game.

Our side was winning pretty hard so someone on the other side quit right?
    In came a user from the guild classics. He came in and first thing he said was "im flagging don't kill me"

I asked the person to help their team out knowing we'd have a harder time. But why on earth would I not enjoy my free kills in a 5v4 while the other opponent just flags for the next 10minutes?
    You know why? b/c I felt horrible for the other 4 players who were taking the beating so that 1 player could get 5 more flags added on to their record.

He pmed me after and gave me 2 reason why he didn't assist his team.
    A. B/c our side had 2 classics members and he was forbidden to attack them.
    B. He didn't care about the game and just wanted flags.

Honestly, pvp more these days, come back and tell me you're not seeing this 7 out of 10 games you enter.

Sorry for double post but this just made me laugh..

Just kill them? Flagging needs to be earned.... If you join my game And want to just flag you WILL have to earn it and I will try to kill you... The problem is actually people like you giving into this nonsense...

Also you would enjoy pvp much more if you weren't so sensitive to other people's possible unexisting feelings...
    Chilicrush - Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

i'd expect a more constructive post coming from you.
    why don't we all join the big guilds out there and have many tea parties in CTF

next room is filled with guilds too? what to do?

and you know it's hard for people to see their own mistakes when they've been apart of a big guild for such a long time.
    try soloing for a week and you'll get what we're facing

Go to the next one, and the next and the next, its not a 100% theres gonna be guilds, I MOSTLY pvp solo and theres rarely guilds formed in pvp, if there is, i just go on to the next room

u expected more from me? bro i expected more from you. this is such a whine thread, a problem thats easy to solve and does not need to be taken to the forum

edited: yeah its rare for me to pvp with my guild, i usually do better when i solo, top rogues in my guild hard to get kills

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I say, Names and Tags should auto hide in Arena.. This will solve all problems XD

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    I say, Names and Tags should auto hide in Arena.. This will solve all problems XD
    This actually isn't a bad idea... I'm sure it could be expounded a bit more and created into a possible solution. I like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I find that PvP is not really that much fun anymore. Whenever I join a match me of a number of things happen:

1) You hit the PvP lobby and there are 5 people in one team and there is only one or two on the other team. Either you have to join and pray that the other team doesn't farm you, or you have to move on to the next game. Either way pretty lame. I can't say that I have not been guilty of being join that team with 5, but when really does want to be on that team with only two? Unfortunately this seems to be the majority of game lobbies.

2) You join a game, and after you see the game lobby you think "great a pretty balanced 5v5 game!" Only after you join do thou realize that is is not really a real game. People are sitting around chatting, people are getting free flags, and the poor 1 or 2 players on one team who don't know anyone get farmed with no support from their team.

3) You get in a good 5v5 game, there is one good 5v5 rumble, and then then losing team gives up and abandons the game after only one clash. People just have no stomach to get a few deaths to experiment and find a way to kill the opposing team. People seem way too concerned about their k/d to have fun.

Bottom line, I rarely experience any good lasting 5v5 rumbles like there used to be back in the beginning of PvP in season two. I don't know if it is because of guild no kill rules, poor implementation of leaderboards, or to large of a gap between the haves (mythic and arcane users) and have nots. PvP unfortunately does not seem too much fun anymore and I don't know what the solution is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I think a win/loss stat and lb could be a minor solution to some problems.

How it would it would work:

- Must be in-game during 3+ flags, including the final one, to count as a win.

- Games lock if a team has 2 flags

- And when I mean lock: NO JOINING THROUGH SOCIAL (Friends, Party, Guild)

- If you quit: Automatic loss.

- If you lose.. Well that counts as a loss to your win/loss stat.

How this would solve some problems:

- It would force competitive gameplay to earn a win

- Pros like good stats. Now, this forces them not to quit when they are in a tough match because it will add a loss to their stats, and they don't want to look bad.

- Guildies boosting each other for flags, are also sacrificing a lost to their stats.

- "Don't kill I'm flagging" will be ignored due to the ambition of winning the game. The proper response will now be "I don't care, I want to win."

- Help your team, even though your guildies are on the other team? Hell yeah, if its gonna avoid getting me a loss.

Tbh I miss the good ol' days back when I played R&C 3 on my ps2. Ctf in that game was intense. You had defenders, attackers, and flaggers. And it'd be all settled out, even when you had no idea who your mates were. No communication. Just taking places. In there, the team had the will to win, and we were trying so hard. working together.

In AL it's group with your team to hunt down every opponent and kill them. And sometimes one mate straggles off to get the flag, but dies because he was all alone. No one is making a group effort to win the game. It's ctf people. Let's play.

Also, CTF rooms aren't guild hangouts/meeting rooms. That's what a guild hall is for!

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Ironically, the only GOOD games I get into are guild matches. They easily last for half an hour or more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    Go to the next one, and the next and the next, its not a 100% theres gonna be guilds, I MOSTLY pvp solo and theres rarely guilds formed in pvp, if there is, i just go on to the next room

u expected more from me? bro i expected more from you. this is such a whine thread, a problem thats easy to solve and does not need to be taken to the forum

edited: yeah its rare for me to pvp with my guild, i usually do better when i solo, top rogues in my guild hard to get kills
    This issues pretty serious so your "blablablabla" statement and calling it a "whine" thread is pretty non-constructive.
    It's an issue that needs to be addressed and what better way to address it than to have everyone's opinion on it.

Sure I can send a dev a single pm regarding this but will they care so much?
    We're all here thinking of ways they can change pvp so we see less of this and we don't need you telling us to just quit and go to the next pvp game.

And guess what when we quit, the game usually dies, and we rejoin to have the same people enter again. Cycle continues.
    O wait you're part of this "Clique" right? so people don't gang you as hard as they gang all the other randoms. Unless you feel that CTF should really be all bout the Cliques that you join.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    I think a win/loss stat and lb could be a minor solution to some problems.

How it would it would work:

- Must be in-game during 3+ flags, including the final one, to count as a win.

- Games lock if a team has 2 flags

- And when I mean lock: NO JOINING THROUGH SOCIAL (Friends, Party, Guild)

- If you quit: Automatic loss.

- If you lose.. Well that counts as a loss to your win/loss stat.

How this would solve some problems:

- It would force competitive gameplay to earn a win

- Pros like good stats. Now, this forces them not to quit when they are in a tough match because it will add a loss to their stats, and they don't want to look bad.

- Guildies boosting each other for flags, are also sacrificing a lost to their stats.

- "Don't kill I'm flagging" will be ignored due to the ambition of winning the game. The proper response will now be "I don't care, I want to win."

- Help your team, even though your guildies are on the other team? Hell yeah, if its gonna avoid getting me a loss.

Tbh I miss the good ol' days back when I played R&C 3 on my ps2. Ctf in that game was intense. You had defenders, attackers, and flaggers. And it'd be all settled out, even when you had no idea who your mates were. No communication. Just taking places. In there, the team had the will to win, and we were trying so hard. working together.

In AL it's group with your team to hunt down every opponent and kill them. And sometimes one mate straggles off to get the flag, but dies because he was all alone. No one is making a group effort to win the game. It's ctf people. Let's play.

Also, CTF rooms aren't guild hangouts/meeting rooms. That's what a guild hall is for!
    Then people will just farm wins which isn't much different than kill farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    -> Pros <-
    -> You wouldn't know your oppoent, so you'll have to kill. Making CTF improve.
    -> No 'being-afraid-of-getting-kicked-out-of-guild'

-> Cons <-
    -> Some of us like to show our names, because if reputations. Some of us like to be feared.
    -> Some of us are proud to be in that specific guild.

My opinion:

Just remove the guild tag. I don't want my name off in PvP.
    Besides this would make some of the pro players invisible. Rouges & smurfs can hide behind walls & be invisible. Then surprise attack, hence, the only remove guild tag thing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    My opinion:

Just remove the guild tag. I don't want my name off in PvP.
    Besides this would make some of the pro players invisible. Rouges & smurfs can hide behind walls & be invisible. Then surprise attack, hence, the only remove guild tag thing.
    Or just put generic names on everyone (Rogue 1-5, Warrior 1-5, Sorcerer 1-5)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Trust me, I get what you mean. It happens to me all day, everyday because I am not in a PvP guild either.

It's an issue that truly needs to be fixed because when I first joined PvP and didn't know what I was doing, I felt rather nooby when it was 5v1 and I had no chance to win.
    This, I am in the same non pvp guild so when I join a game there is no lighting the bat signal for back up. An in most games you end up with players from the same guild on both teams and they refuse to attack each other. Easy fix don't display names until the end of the match. Problem solved
    Just my 2 plat