Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Remove CTF Flags Achivement and LB's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Agreed. Do you have any clue how many millions of his own gold he has given away?

I can tell you from discussions with other players, that your ganging problems started due to your attitude towards others and how you treat them. Make some friends.. It's a social game. You will enjoy pvp so much more.
    @ psycho
    I never said he doesn't deserve the status he has in game.
    All I said was he gets special treatment because of his status in game and because of that it's harder for him to comprehend what the average Joe experiences.
    I didn't mean it in a negative way at all, and it's really not his fault how players treat him but this brings back the argument how these guilds and the social status of certain players creates unfair game play "occasionally".

@chilicrush
    Last I recall I don't know you, and you don't know me. So please keep the story telling to yourself b/c you really have no basis to make all your assumptions on me.
    And welcome to my block list Chili so please refrain from posting on my threads ever again unless you got something constructive to say.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 07-15-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Just want to get this out to the haters out there b/c it seems like this threads taking the wrong turn due to a few persistent posters.

Those of you who came on this thread assuming I need to make friends and have many enemies are wrong.
    You do not know me and I do not know you. So leave the personal attacks to yourself if you have nothing to add to this thread.

Again I did not create this thread to troll, and vent my personal frustrations.
    It's something I feel needs to be addressed and from the 4 pages so far, many players feel similarly.

Saying this for the final time, so anyone who keeps posting non constructive posts and especially those who feels the need to target me personally will be reported to the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Saying this for the final time, so anyone who keeps posting non constructive posts and especially those who feels the need to target me personally will be reported to the devs.
    So disagreeing with you = report? Seems a bit overdone.

P.s. I bet I get reported for that lmao
    Chilicrush - Rogue

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Hi Love,

I agree with this thread you've started. I really think the best way to fix CTF is to create incentives for people to fight as a team, not leave early, and play the game as it is intended: CAPTURE the FLAG! What I've suggested in a previous thread is they implement tokens/coins that you receive for winning the game. You can only receive a coin if you help your team capture 3/5 flags. These coins can in turn be used to purchase special pets or "combat potions" only usable in CTF PvP. Along side this, to augment your stated issues with the CTF flags achievement, perhaps they could add achievements for won games, or integrate the special pets into a pet collection achievement. The possibilities are there - they just need to decide how to fix CTF first.

I hope this helps your thread a little.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-15-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Took out an irrelevant sentence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

So i'm always out looking for the fairest game, i love the 5v5 clash.
    Most of us have bumped into each other at one time or another,
    So I feel bad banging on someone i know.(anyone for that matter) i know 5v3 even though it happens to me.(but weird doesn't bother me to much I've learned to expect it lol)

But say i join 10 games... 1 even match lasting more then 10 minutes.. So to entertain myself (because joining and leaving games Is not fun) 5 on one side 2 on the other i join the 2. Sometimes its a fun struggle but not always...As i'm fighting and watching countless people joining dying once and leaving or not even joining the team they just see 5v3 and leave. I say/think if we just got together we would stand a chance, but people don't wanna work for it. They would rather find that next easy game, i really think there should be some kinda of lock out timer for people who leave a game. But at the same time there are those guilds who are always together, as a Pug pvper. I'm not going to stay in that game and be farmed unless I have a decent team on my side. I'm always down to Fight against the toughest opponents with a decent group its like climbing a hill. But I'm not cool with the trying to climb and ending up slamming into a brick wall.

I think most of us would agree there is a problem.
    Just stating my experiences in hope for better pvp in the future.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 07-15-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Hi Love,

I agree with this thread you've started. I really think the best way to fix CTF is to create incentives for people to fight as a team, not leave early, and play the game as it is intended: CAPTURE the FLAG! What I've suggested in a previous thread is they implement tokens/coins that you receive for winning the game. You can only receive a coin if you help your team capture 3/5 flags. These coins can in turn be used to purchase special pets or "combat potions" only usable in CTF PvP. Along side this, to augment your stated issues with the CTF flags achievement, perhaps they could add achievements for won games, or integrate the special pets into a pet collection achievement. The possibilities are there - they just need to decide how to fix CTF first.

I hope this helps your thread a little.
    If they can gain pets to further advantage themselves in PvP it just compounds the problem of boosters, not solve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshtheboss View Post
    If they can gain pets to further advantage themselves in PvP it just compounds the problem of boosters, not solve it.
    Well, I don't know what a "booster" is, so please explain. Once I know that, I can rebuttle your disagreement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

From a point of view of a lvl 7 pvper:

I am not part of any guild then but when I killed another player from a large guild, they started hunting me down. They even give orders like "Player A kill blah blah blah....". It definitely ruins your game experience, why:

a. Their guild has a large number of members and
    b. Transferring to another arena, expect a guild member from the same guild play there. Because as I said, they are large and the majority of them have the same timezones me. The time I play is the same time they also play.

Giving them random names as suggested above and removing the guild titles, really blinds these players from focusing (hunting) a single player.

Now I play with my twink mage (a higher level) because it isnt too crowded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

@ psycho
    I never said he doesn't deserve the status he has in game.
    All I said was he gets special treatment because of his status in game and because of that it's harder for him to comprehend what the average Joe experiences.
    I didn't mean it in a negative way at all, and it's really not his fault how players treat him but this brings back the argument how these guilds and the social status of certain players creates unfair game play "occasionally".

@chilicrush
    Last I recall I don't know you, and you don't know me. So please keep the story telling to yourself b/c you really have no basis to make all your assumptions on me.
    And welcome to my block list Chili so please refrain from posting on my threads ever again unless you got something constructive to say.
    I only meant that why dont you act as nice as inkredble does or
    Any nice people?
    Last edited by psychoscream; 07-16-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

A solution would be to fix the glitch where flaggers lag and go through the whole map.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

You know why you don't bump into the problems most of us face? I'll list a few for ya
    - you're a war so not an easy target to chase and gang
    - you're chill with too many people so there's no reason for someone to start bs with you on the other side
    - you're a high ranking officer in a reputable guild meaning if they mess with you then you call in the big boys
    - you're far too famous in this game to have any sort of enemies, like no offence but you spam you're personal pics ALOT...last I checked something called Facebook exists just for that.

sorry i just had to

LMFAO

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I didn't read any of this thread, but just responding based on the title of the thread....

I've decided I won't be doing anymore CTF ever again. I am currently on the flag leaderboards, but about to be bumped off in a few days. But being on the flags leaderboard is like winning the special olympics. Playing capture the flag lately is about as fun as taking out the garbage in my house one piece of garbage at a time. Walk to flag room, walk back to base. Repeat process while the other team does the same thing. No skill required.

The banner they give is a piece of garbage and worthless. I'd rather wear the blue and yellow banner they gave out to all players a few months ago. The CTF banner is like wearing a sign that says "I have no life and spend my time walking back and forth for a few hundred hours".

I agree with the OP. The flag achievements and leaderboard should be eliminated, and wins and losses in CTF should be kept track of in your stats, and maybe there should be achievements for that instead. Because what fun is playing CTF if nobody is competing against eachother. It's like playing baseball by letting batters call their pitch and hitting every ball into the seats, or the defense in football not trying to tackle anyone and every play is a touchdown. Would you want to watch that game? I wouldn't, and don't plan to anymore.

If it means I fall off the APs leaderboard too, then so be it. I play this game to have fun, not for boredom.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-18-2013 at 03:45 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think what Love is trying to say isn't coming out as well as people should take it.

Key problems in CTF:

- Flagging
    To those that say, "just join another game". Sure, I gladly do. However, the other games almost always consist of either heavily out balanced teams or yet another game where players are boosting flags. So, my point is that ignoring a problem simply will not solve the problem.
    Also, to those that say, "I earned my flags & banners". Fine, let those who worked for them keep the banners that they have to signify their immense amount of flag kills. However, do take away the achievement.

Example: PL has been around for 3.5 years. Also, note that CTF in PL has been around for three years. In that 3 year time span, players are just now getting 5,000 flags. When I take a look at AL, players already have thousands upon thousands of flags and I can see exactly how they get the flags as well. It just is not proper game play.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind reputation at all. After all, I get my fair share of it as well. However, it is a problem for other players. Why? There is this "clique" and anyone against it gets killed, pretty much. Now, in this game, I PvP solo by choice. Personally, for me, I enjoy doing just that. However, many others don't as popularity and reputation just contribute to ganging.
    To this, I will state that the purpose of PvP is this: to kill. Correct? So, if the purpose is that, why not remove name identification/guild identification/vanities? That way people really just PvP, nothing more to it.

Just some food for thought!

P.S: I didn't intend on offending anyone when I wrote this post, so please, keep it civil.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I agree much with Energizeric and Apollo.

Please make this happens for our better pvp experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Engeri, you're not the only one quitting PvP. I am too then we can go farm our butts off together and still have no life at all lol.
    But I'd like to say, it's not everyone on the CTF lb that farmed their kills and flags.
    I can't speak for others, but I know I didn't.
    I just wanna claim my banner & start farming so I can have a chance in the upcoming season. Gear up -> Pwn. Next season anyways.

EDIT#1
    Oh next season I'll be walking around with that piece of garbage banner. *Note the sarcasm*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I cant wait to see the season 4 banners : )
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

ikr....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    I cant wait to see the season 4 banners : )
    Stop posting and kill more!
    duck dynasty falls

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thren asked me to post (again -.-)....

She says: I completely agree with the original post. I would like to add that joining players in PvP through the friends & party list should be removed too. Its the only way to make those matches truly random. I gave up on PvP on AL cuz its simply not worth it anymore. Too many players are cheating by not playing by the actual CtF & DM rules cuz all they really care about are themselves to boost KDRs & get Achievements.

I also believe since they have said farming kills is allowed, a lot of these problems came along with it.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

+1 to removing names and guild tags from pvp.

Maybe even make it so u can only communicate with Ur team..

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post: