Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is this a reportable offence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

lol told yah but you hug him.

shadess stricks again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    So what if he has over 150m? He still earned it and he cant just throw all his money away till he has 2m left...
    Chill man, why so serious?
    I was joking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

From my perspective those cases should be investigated (at least at minimum, screenshot etc) and if it is proven scam/breaking one's word - there should be public list of scammers (if item can't be returned/sold already), banhammers or resolved issues between players if possible. Just ignoring such topics = green light to frauds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Few things to note:

1) This is not a case of scamming. Love I'm sure you know that. This is a case of principle & trust between players/friends in the game. Okay you lose a couple of million, but lesson learned, don't trust anyone.

2) Stop labeling EVERYTHING a SCAM/SCAMMER. And I'm not saying you in general Love, but almost EVERY ONE of these cases people call them scammers, but in reality they trusted the wrong person.

And don't try to run around the ToS with legal terms because most of the time generally speaking, transactions done over the internet like this are pulled into a big blackhole of grey area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Hi.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    No I think you guys are wrong.
    This behaviours should never be tolerated in any game.

You're really saying it's OKAY to go around borrowing everyone's gold/items then scamming them and coming out clean?
    This is much more than a simple morale issue.
    No, you're wrong. No one is saying it is ok. What everyone IS saying that, as Sam/JG/whomever has said a million times before, once you hit "confirm", it is over. I could "loan" someone a gold cap in any STS game, but there is no "rule" which states they are held under a contract. Does it make them a dishonest person? Yes. Did they break any rules making them eligible to be reported? No.

End of story.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Thread closed. Please read this thread.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...upport-Team%85
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Love, I completely agree that people who borrow items/gold and refuse to return them are acting immorally and contrary to the heart of the game. However, in the bigger picture I do not think that making this a reportable offense would be good for the game.

In this situation nobody disputes that accept and confirmation buttons were pressed by both parties to give something for nothing. The reportable offense then would have to be based off the prior promise to repay the gold and failure to do so. The theory behind taking action on that offense would be that the person either a) broke a promise or b) acted immorally. Under that theory if someone told me they would help me defeat a boss and failed to do so I could then report them for breaking a promise. To make promise breaking or acting immorally generally reportable offenses would create an inordinate amount of new reports that STS likely could not handle.

I can see that a promise to assist in defeating a boss and to repay gold are very different, but at the core both are simply breaking promises. To solve this issue, STS could specifically amend their TOS to make the failure to return/repay loaned/borrowed items/gold a reportable offense. This would either require a change in the TOS, and the addition of a borrow button in the trade window or that specific language be used before the trade. Both of those alternatives would require STS to take substantial time in either sorting through chat logs to enforce a promise or coding new content. I can see substantial issues that may arise if STS were to take those actions.

For STS to amend the rules for loaning items/gold they would be specifically sanctioning it as an acceptable way to play the game. From an AL business perspective I would greatly enjoy this. I would begin offering gold loans at a high interest rate with the penalty for nonpayment being a report for violation of the TOS. There is not a large difference between a promise to repay gold and a promise to repay gold with interest. In this situation STS would need to place a restriction on loans with interest in the TOS. I personally believe that it would be fun, but it is also a sad day when a video game's rules must be amended so that I am not sanctioned to be a loan shark with devs as enforcers.

In the end this is why AL should have a boot from game button like PL. The devs shouldn't have to do anything in this situation, the large guilds should be informed who this person is and that person should be booted from any quality elite run. Repayment will come quickly when all that person can do is make their own games to not get booted. Now I think that the addition of a boot button would have it's own separate set of issues, but in this specific situation it would fit perfectly.

A very wise friend once told me that if you loan anything to a friend be prepared for it to be a gift, and if you can't do that be prepared to lose your friend. I have always believed that if your loaning something to someone who is not your friend it is best to have two attorneys, a notary public, a contract, some signatures, and collateral of equal or greater value.
    Blynkon+n!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Thethirdclyde For This Useful Post: