Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best ways to not noob around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Seriously, where did all the used car salesman come from (no offense intended to any actual UCS playing)? "No thanks" or "sorry, nothing to trade" means I'm not interested. It's not an invitation to spam me with trade requests or bunches of hard-sell messages. I'm trying to not waste your time or insult you by offering way less than your items worth; I simply can't afford it. Move on.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Seriously, where did all the used car salesman come from (no offense intended to any actual UCS playing)? "No thanks" or "sorry, nothing to trade" means I'm not interested. It's not an invitation to spam me with trade requests or bunches of hard-sell messages. I'm trying to not waste your time or insult you by offering way less than your items worth; I simply can't afford it. Move on.
    No kidding. I was checking out a laser wand and the guy asked 100k. Funny thing is, they sell quite often for 50-70.

Greedy a-holes man. Car salesman is right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Caveat emptor...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I decided tolvl my mage a bit today.
    I was level 27 and joined a fathom crypt group of 2 birds and one bear. The birds were pooping out arrows and doing no damage an the bear was was pulling mobs out of the room while trying to kill them one by one. I was like "Back off!" and charged into the room and destroyed all the mobs in an instant. Why wouldni heal my teammates when all they do is stealing my kills and moving mobs out of range of my aoes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yup, nothing like one character runs off this way and one runs off that way leaving you with six nasties to deal with your own. You've been self-spamming heals to stay alive, they come back with their one kill apiece, down a very minor number of HP and get all cranky when they have to wait for your cool-down to finish. Love it.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superzarop View Post
    I decided tolvl my mage a bit today.
    I was level 27 and joined a fathom crypt group of 2 birds and one bear. The birds were pooping out arrows and doing no damage an the bear was was pulling mobs out of the room while trying to kill them one by one. I was like "Back off!" and charged into the room and destroyed all the mobs in an instant. Why wouldni heal my teammates when all they do is stealing my kills and moving mobs out of range of my aoes!
    Way to teach them the wrong way to do things. When they get to AO2 and AO3 they'll try this and die many times before realizing they can't just rush in and destroy everything. It may take longer but the tank was using his beckon and taunt the way he's supposed to. Mages can rock in earlier levels but stand no chance in higher ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I was out running to the group that had already reached Deadeyes, and right before I arrive they all die. So some guy says "go ahead San, solo him!" (was on Sangaroh) and I say "ok then" and proceed to do so with mucho gusto, before the rest of te team arrived back.
    I think they listened to me after lol. I live for str birds... With titanic hammers...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's what kills me...literally: I'm a level 34 Int Mage (thinking about doing a dex or str re-roll). Yes I know I'm a noob to the game, but I would think that when the group has only one or two mages, it would be best for the bears and birds to make sure that the bosses don't chase them so they can Rez and heal. Too often in a group, I go against a boss, keeping my finger off auto attack (learned that one pretty quick!) just healing and buffing and the boss freaking chases me. It ends up like Hamlet(everyone dies) and we all do it over again. I never get a chance to shoot off my mad skillz and I spam heal potions like a motha between cool-downs. I'll run in and die to res you, just make sure you don't run off and leave me in the lurch with the one-shot-wonder bosses.

On a side note: the downtime is freaking killing me. I wanna plaaaaay!
    Last edited by Branwyn; 11-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

well said arterra this should be required reading when starting PL !
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

And big, bigger, biggest kudos to two bears and a bird I played with today. Playing my under-level-10 at the time Mage with the baby bird and bears. Bird was flying all over the place, not standing and getting whallaped. Bears were using taunt To hold aggro and all three were coming back to get stuff off me. It was loads of fun and the teamwork was great. I can only assume the other players were also experienced and running newer chars. And, yes, I was spamming heals like a bad dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
    Way to teach them the wrong way to do things. When they get to AO2 and AO3 they'll try this and die many times before realizing they can't just rush in and destroy everything. It may take longer but the tank was using his beckon and taunt the way he's supposed to. Mages can rock in earlier levels but stand no chance in higher ones.
    i totally agree.... mages are suppose to heal n attack nit rush in and kill....if u rush in only thing u'll get is death. without a mage everyone will just die. they need the revive and healing spells. dim wit.
    AzureAngel--> LV30(Cat Mage)
    AzureSoule--> LV8 (Chicken Poop)
    AzureSlayer--> LV1 (Panda Bear)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief View Post
    PS : I think you won't have more buys , but less