Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
To be honest its ludicrous how rich AL players can get, I hit 10mil once (was lucky enough to loot myth armor from an elite golden war chest). Yet some players claim to hull 50mil and maxed gear. All have gained this wealth through:

A) a crap load of plat.
B) luck (aka looting Samuel on first try).

Then the truly rich players (those claiming a 200mil stash) invest their millions to make more millions. I can confidently say that less than 50people control the entire market through their combined flow of gold and gear.
Its a shame (in my opinion) that the best item (Samuel) is exclusively locked crates. The wealthiest players I know all claim to never harvest elite. I believe time (not cash) should dictate ones wealth. Or at least time can eventually equalize cash (say a month if you are lucky)
Then I remember STS is a company and is trying to turn a profit. Hard to find a balance between a "free" game and still turning a profit. AL is the closest I have found, still I can dream that maybe plat free players can break the top 10% one day (obviously plat is needed for some APs and elixirs for timed runs).
So when you're spending time merching and making profit isn't being rewarded? I know someone in that top 50 has at least merched his/her way there