Thread: Need Help Deciding for a PvE Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Need Help Deciding for a PvE Build

Yes. There have been many threads about this, but this kind of explains a Warriors' skills in my play style. I really need help deciding what skills to use for PvE ONLY! So I'll say what I like and dislike about each skill. Of course, you may agree with or disagree with what I say, but this is for my play style.
    Offensive skills:
    Chest Splitter: I love this skill. It's got everything I'd need. It can attack multiple enemies, deal AoE damage, make enemies feeble and stop wind-ups as well as knockback (though I don't see much use for that). It also has a short cooldown, perfect for my play style and what I'm used to.

Skyward Smash: deals good damage to multiple targets, has a chance to stun. Also has pretty short cooldown. Great skill.

Axe Throw: deals fair damage to single targets. Even though it's not much that it does to mobs, it can be quite useful against bosses to reel them in to where you want. It debuffs armour, and somewhat taunts (I think). Only thing I don't like is that it's cooldown is quite long for my taste.

Windmill: deals good damage to multiple targets multiple times. Also a great AoE taunting skill. The thing I don't like is that it's cooldown is too long for me.

Defensive skills:
    Horn of Renew: I like everything about this skill.

Vengeful Blood: I like everything about this skill.

Rally Cry: I haven't tried this ever. But the dodge buff and speed boost can be of real use in elites, which is why I'm considering this next time respecs are free. The armour buff isn't much, but it can still reduce incoming damage.

Juggernaut: the taunting upgrade is nice. Not being stunned or snared by bosses/mobs is also good use. Reducing incoming damage helps a LOT when Juggernaut taunts enemies. It also lasts for some time. The things I don't like are it's cooldown is extremely long, and that it only heals 500 health max even if you have 4500 health.

I'm hoping that by reading all of this, you guys can help me out by putting yourself into my place and (hopefully) come up with a build that can work well in normal and elite maps (mobs and bosses).

Thanks

Edit: current build is CS - SS - VB - HoR and Jugg as needed. But I'm thinking of getting rid of Jugg and either getting AT or RC.
    RC for elites. Or AT for any boss.
    Last edited by Drearivev; 07-29-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

My skill build is:

Skyward Smash- 4/5 (no mana upgrade)

SS is a great skill to have, since you can benefit from the speed boost, short cooldown, and great AoE damage.

Chest Splitter- 3/5 (no extended reach or knockback)

CS is awesome to use due to good damage, short cooldown, feeble, and disrupting enemy windups.

Horn of Renew- 5/5

This is a great party heal skill. Extra range, taunt, duration, and 2-sec invincibility are all must-haves for me.

Vengeful Blood- 5/5

I always have VB my build due to increased strength, damage, crit chance and mana regen from enemies.

My build can keep steady aggro in elite since SS and CS have short cooldowns. My VB is a awesome skill to have since it also debuffs some enemies. With my HoR, I can keep my party alive and still continue to tank throughout the level without dying.

Just my opinion
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 07-29-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    My skill build is:

Skyward Smash- 4/5 (no mana upgrade)

SS is a great skill to have, since you can benefit from the speed boost, short cooldown, and great AoE damage.

Chest Splitter- 3/5 (no extended reach or knockback)

CS is awesome to use due to good damage, short cooldown, feeble, and disrupting enemy windups.

Horn of Renew- 5/5

This is a great party heal skill. Extra range, taunt, duration, and 2-sec invincibility are all must-haves for me.

Vengeful Blood- 5/5

I always have VB my build due to increased strength, damage, crit chance and mana regen from enemies.

My build can keep steady aggro in elite since SS and CS have short cooldowns. My VB is a awesome skill to have since it also debuffs some enemies. With my HoR, I can keep my party alive and still continue to tank throughout the level without dying.

Just my opinion
    Hmmmm....but then do you have any problem with bosses? Like Axe Throw can be used to bring bosses into a place where your party can benefit. And I also don't understand why you don't get the Extended reach upgrade.