33 Posts

Default If I am AL dev....

Give opinion about game and classes
    Keep thread productive plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Hypothetical dev impersonation! Ban! Ban!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I am semi new to game and I have played only one class PvE warrior(level 30)

During leveling...
    Intial leveling upto 15 is desinged good, party and boss killing stuff arecworking. When I entered Kraken Isle - leveling getting boring and annoying. People kill mobs and leave n nobody cares abt boss. Simply stuck in zone for few more level. Last bosses mech also reqire good team. Cmon all this hard stuff should be in elite mode only.In daily quest encourage people to kill boss insted of boring grinding quest again n again.
    All normal mode boss should be killed with with normal loot gear and average skill party.
    During boss fight if people die...reset boss so people learn encounter instead of die and run back tactic.

About classes....
    Introduce auto attack mech for melee classes plz
    All class have own healing ability.
    ..give them mana regenerate ability too.
    Tank without mana is awful. Must have mage for mana regen is not fare.
    Why warrior forced to tank if they wanna go dps? Overhaul warrior spec so we can play as dps too.
    Introduce dual spec so we can play as..
    Warrior Tank or Dps
    Mage Healer or Pure Dps
    Rouge Dps or Range Dps
    Give all classes support spells so all can help in team fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

He has a point.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

please move this thread to feedback form pleaseplease

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Warriors have Vengeance and a skill upgrade for Skyward Smash that gives them mana...
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

what if i take juggernut or rc instead of vb as tank? both skills are far supirior than vb.
    still last option is spamming mana potion but this mechanic feels clunky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    what if i take juggernut or rc instead of vb as tank? both skills are far supirior than vb.
    still last option is spamming mana potion but this mechanic feels clunky
    to get mana, rush into a group of mobs with charged VB on nd when u see ur hp going less then 40% use charged HoR.
    then use WM+SS.
    u will see u hav 80%+ hp nd mana nd no mobs.
    jst dnt spam ur skills. use correct skill combination.
    i rarely buy pots lol. most of d time i get pots from klaas.
    lol bt this combo ineffective if u hav another warrior. this combo is for solo only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    I am semi new to game and I have played only one class PvE warrior(level 30)

During leveling...
    Intial leveling upto 15 is desinged good, party and boss killing stuff arecworking. When I entered Kraken Isle - leveling getting boring and annoying. People kill mobs and leave n nobody cares abt boss. Simply stuck in zone for few more level. Last bosses mech also reqire good team. Cmon all this hard stuff should be in elite mode only.In daily quest encourage people to kill boss insted of boring grinding quest again n again.
    All normal mode boss should be killed with with normal loot gear and average skill party.
    During boss fight if people die...reset boss so people learn encounter instead of die and run back tactic.

About classes....
    Introduce auto attack mech for melee classes plz
    All class have own healing ability.
    ..give them mana regenerate ability too.
    Tank without mana is awful. Must have mage for mana regen is not fare.
    Why warrior forced to tank if they wanna go dps? Overhaul warrior spec so we can play as dps too.
    Introduce dual spec so we can play as..
    Warrior Tank or Dps
    Mage Healer or Pure Dps
    Rouge Dps or Range Dps
    Give all classes support spells so all can help in team fight.
    I have many issues with your arguments.

1) you state that average gear is all that should be needed for normal maps, and it already is. A cheap all legendary set is 10k (vastly better than epics).
    2) you complain about last boss being way stronger than other bosses -.- he's the last boss, pretty anticlimactic if he was stabb.
    3) you request that dailies encourage you to kill bosses. Ever heard of daily "juggernaut of nordor"?
    4) you argue all classes be allowed to go pure dps. Makes it a lot harder to choose people for party. What do you ask "any dps players?" Then have to double check its a DPs build? Saying "need rouge" makes it a lot easier. Sounds like you think warrior looks cool thus he should be dps.
    5) You whine about needing mana, try the pet jack. Not to mention there are potions for that -.- so you sound like that guy who says "mana please!" every ten seconds. Mages are stun/mob control; not your personal mama refilled.
    6) tanks are also healers in arcane legends, I know few elite mages who use heal. Additionally, those with heal plan to respect.
    7) your entire post seems to ask why the game isn't built exactly how you wanted it, other people play the game not just you. And if you want dps so bad be a rouge, you should have figured that out by level 16.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 07-31-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I would be working on maps that are more difficult than the current Elite maps and require major team efforts by multiple parties.

Something that maybe would be on the LB with a best time of completion like 40 minutes or so...

Think 8 players taking 40 minutes to complete a map (and not because it's a frustrating die fest where people go to farm deaths) because it's a challenging map that strategy need be employed, and where teams need to work together very well to complete.

Think about the scale of some of the older MMO games - what kept end gamers playing was raids. BIG raids. with CRAZY GOOD loot.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Would probably remove things that players don't really like and add things which would be popular E.G: Guild Wars etc.. Yeah I'm tired to explain all of it :')
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    I would be working on maps that are more difficult than the current Elite maps and require major team efforts by multiple parties.

Something that maybe would be on the LB with a best time of completion like 40 minutes or so...

Think 8 players taking 40 minutes to complete a map (and not because it's a frustrating die fest where people go to farm deaths) because it's a challenging map that strategy need be employed, and where teams need to work together very well to complete.

Think about the scale of some of the older MMO games - what kept end gamers playing was raids. BIG raids. with CRAZY GOOD loot.
    I agree. If you think about the best days over in Pocket Legends, it was when Balefort Sewers and Alien Oasis were released. The bosses (specifically Sewer King & Queen, Roach, Gurgox and Overlord) required very specific strategies, and in the case of Overlord, required a team where at least one was of a specific class and had a specific skill.

Yes, some of the elite bosses like Grimnr and Bloodhammer almost require a good warrior with a Feeble skill upgrade, but for the most part, good kiting and heavy hitting Rogues/Sorcerers are often all that is needed.

I would love to see more tactics introduced, which requires some thought, planning and a specific strategy to be successful.

What I don't want to see is another Elite Skull Cove, which takes an hour to complete (with a very good team), includes dozens of deaths and drops, for the most part, nothing but junk.

If I commit to a 40 minute long elite run, I kind of expect high-end loot, not a junk green which rerolls to a junk purple. Something along the lines of the Elite Bael II type of boss, which drops guaranteed good loot, but which, instead of pure luck, requires skill and a good team.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

1) you state that average gear is all that should be needed for normal maps, and it already is. A cheap all legendary set is 10k (vastly better than epics).
    2) you complain about last boss being way stronger than other bosses -.- he's the last boss, pretty anticlimactic if he was stabb.
    3) you request that dailies encourage you to kill bosses. Ever heard of daily "juggernaut of nordor"?
    4) you argue all classes be allowed to go pure dps. Makes it a lot harder to choose people for party. What do you ask "any dps players?" Then have to double check its a DPs build? Saying "need rouge" makes it a lot easier. Sounds like you think warrior looks cool thus he should be dps.
    5) You whine about needing mana, try the pet jack. Not to mention there are potions for that -.- so you sound like that guy who says "mana please!" every ten seconds. Mages are stun/mob control; not your personal mama refilled.
    6) tanks are also healers in arcane legends, I know few elite mages who use heal. Additionally, those with heal plan to respect.
    7) your entire post seems to ask why the game isn't built exactly how you wanted it, other people play the game not just you. And if you want dps so bad be a rouge, you should have figured that out by level 16.
    This thread is about YOUR opinion about game and classes - not about my opinion or other people opinion is wrong. Is that hard to understand or just start debate whenever you got chance. I hope you know what does opinion means.

I have all answers about your arguments but dont wanna waste time like you did.

So what do you think about game and classes? what do YOU like and dislike?

Peace out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post

Nice to see raid maps like more than four people. I like mmo game content which requires team effort, good gameplay, strategy and good rewards as you say - but making content hard in some stupidway so it turns out into frustrating death run which i dont like.

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

yup! it would be awesome to have at least an 8 man to 12 man raid map.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

I have to agree with #5. It's extremely annoying having warriors keep asking me for mana just because I'm a sorcerer. Learn to get pots or a pet for mana! Ughh <--- Just what I think. Maybe some other sorcerers agree with me.