Thread: Pet Feedin Price

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

As a rogue in pve and pvp I normally shuffle through at least 10 pets. For pvp I typically use :

Slag, Malison, Jack, Nexus, Colton, Loki, Misty(I think I might be the only one who uses Misty still), Vixen, Ribbit, and Kettle. That's 2-1/2 hours of pvp time without feeding. Every 15 minutes about you can play with each pet to add about 3 minutes of happiness too.

For pve I just add in Talon or Abaddon or level a random pet.

Last level cap in pvp when that was all I EVER did I almost only used kettle at level 1 - which is barely any cash at all on autofeed and you'll probably do more damage with Kettle anyways even at level 1. The argument that pets do passive damage is true, I'm not going to argue it isn't important, but I will also argue it is probably the least important for bow rogues. I never had a problem running a level 1 pet in pvp. If there was a big guild vs guild battle sure - I'll feed my best pet for the situation, random pick up pvp groups probably not. Passive pet damage is really the most important for warriors who get up close in pvp. I guess I'm trying to get at that I really don't have a disagreement with the pet feed cost. If the pet feed cost was lower I would have just ended up using 1 pet all the time too without thinking about trying other setups. The cost of feeding pets encourages you to try other pets and not just rely on a single one. Using only one pet is a bit boring anyways and becoming overly reliant on a single one I think is not really the theme of the game - it's fun to use all the pets and of course as a game developer sts wants to encourage people to "try them all". It really doesn't take that much to feed a pet anyways - 1 luck elixer from Klaas you should get at least 2 crates out of it which is 30,000 gold and crate prices are relatively low right now. 30k gold is 40 times clicking a level 30 pet feed or 10 hours of pet play time - is that really not enough? Rotate your pets!
    Last edited by Jexetta; 08-06-2013 at 06:35 AM.