Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tank Bear Help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    No I didn't buy it -_-. Just because I have one doesnt mean I bought it. My birthday is April 12th, and I got my first iPod touch on that day in 2010. My brother was playing this game under the name Mokill as a mage. He got me started on the game. Any other questions or rude false accusations?
    Never accused you buddy, I said you allegedly didn't buy it, which was working in your defense.

L2read

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sorry. I deleted my post. I'll repost somewhere more relevant later. Didn't mean to hijack thread. Good luck with your bear!
    Last edited by Actona679; 08-11-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Potential thread hijack. I'll post somewhere more relevant.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Coot - Sorry to disappoint. Had a death in the family and haven't been active lately.

@Steven - Follow what Necro said. He is one of the few tanks left who does it the correct way: With a 2h sword. I don't have much to add until you get into higher levels. I would, however, be pure dex until you have around 120-130 dex points, then begin placing points into strength. The reason for this is low end dex gear is far superior to traditional strength gear (with exception to Copperhead).

I will be more than happy to put my two cents worth in as you have more questions. Also, hasn't been mentioned, but based on your needs, the two best (IMO) faces are Mecha and Koala. Mecha will give you 2 hit% and Koala boosts dodge.

I will tag this thread so I can keep up with it as you get further along.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

@crim, sorry for your loss an I knew there had to be a good reason. I bow to your bear mastery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

@Steven - Follow what Necro said. He is one of the few tanks left who does it the correct way: With a 2h sword. I don't have much to add until you get into higher levels. I would, however, be pure dex until you have around 120-130 dex points, then begin placing points into strength. The reason for this is low end dex gear is far superior to traditional strength gear (with exception to Copperhead).

I will be more than happy to put my two cents worth in as you have more questions. Also, hasn't been mentioned, but based on your needs, the two best (IMO) faces are Mecha and Koala. Mecha will give you 2 hit% and Koala boosts dodge.
    I have reached level 51, and are pure dex ATM. I have begun dying alot more now though. Didnt have 10 deaths at level 40, and now I am up to 40+. Should I hit the str gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I have reached level 51, and are pure dex ATM. I have begun dying alot more now though. Didnt have 10 deaths at level 40, and now I am up to 40+. Should I hit the str gear?
    Yes, In sewers just use dropped Gears... Start putting ur points on Str. Watch out for barrels, Happy lvling.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

@Coot - Sorry to disappoint. Had a death in the family and haven't been active lately.

I will tag this thread so I can keep up with it as you get further along.
    Thanks Crim, means a lot

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

At 51, you need to have just enough strength points to allow for strength gear to be equipped and the rest goes into dex. If you are equipping Thrasher's and dailies, having complete "sets" are not of necessity. As Extreme said, just use the drops you get until you reach the level you are going after. Also, make sure your tanking procedures are up to par: Mobs pulled into the wall, stomp into the same wall, use of taunt and hellscream, and so on. For those who are creating bears for the first time, especially when they are power leveled, do not get the grasp of how it is done. It is one thing to read tips and hints on forums, another to perform when 10-15 mob are slamming you with attacks and debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Thanks Crim, means a lot
    Anytime, bro. Much respect thrown your way.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

@crim So I got a 3X blessing yesterday, and grinded from 51-68, and now I can go to lost valley! when I was leveling my mage to 76 one of the hardest parts about lost was waiting for somebody to be able to tank, and I even went str mage just so I could pull. I respect my stats, I plan on using the 66 str angel gear, so what should I put my stats at? I will be using this gear from 68-76 as I did with my mage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Since you are 68, I would look into how many strength points it takes to equip 71 Beastly, use that many strength points and put the rest into dex. Then, you won't have to worry about placing points into strength til you get closer to 75.

Also, what is your skill point allocation? Will you be playing bear strictly for PvE or use it for PvP as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Since you are 68, I would look into how many strength points it takes to equip 71 Beastly, use that many strength points and put the rest into dex. Then, you won't have to worry about placing points into strength til you get closer to 75.

Also, what is your skill point allocation? Will you be playing bear strictly for PvE or use it for PvP as well?
    I kinda have been adding skills randomly...
    And this will be a pve tank bear, I plan on keeping it that way until I grind 5+ mil, then maybe pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

And this will be a pve tank bear, I plan on keeping it that way until I grind 5+ mil, then maybe pvp.
    You're gonna want max rage, taunt, evade, and iron blood (by the time you hit 76), with priority on taunt and rage.

I would decrease the points in slashes and maybe bring beckon down to 6. I also only use 1 heal, but that's a personal choice and I know some people like having it higher.
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

If you are planning to ONLY doing lost valley grinding and using the 'go around the map and pull enemies' method, I suggest lower stomp and lower slashes (except super mega slash), you should max out your buffs and maybe hell scream.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I usually don't tell people to respec, but you need to.

As a PvE bear, you will have mages (hopefully) and pots to heal you. Do not worry about wasting a point on heal. You need to max Beckon, Stomp, and all of your buffs/debuffs. Only place 1 point into your slashes. Since they are only single target attacks, and bosses can no longer be controlled, 1 point each is all you need.

Obviously, at 68, you cannot max them all right now, but maxing buffs, debuffs, and beckon is a necessity. And when using elixirs, Angel set will more than suffice until you hit 75.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

How long it take to go from 22-68? I'm making one right now. Care to share the way you lvl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    How long it take to go from 22-68? I'm making one right now. Care to share the way you lvl?
    It took me about a 3 days playing with only 1.5X to hit 50, then got a 3X daily and I grinded it from 50-70.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

It took me about a 3 days playing with only 1.5X to hit 50, then got a 3X daily and I grinded it from 50-70.
    I don't mean to pester you to much but what maps did you play/avoid.

Many thanks.