Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spawning allowed in PvP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

One more thing..

if you (universal) get easily spawned in PvP such as the Forest Arenas, then im sorry but you completely suck. Getting spawned in PvP arenas is very difficult because you get the time and can actually put up a fight.
    If you just sit there and say "rusher" or "wth??" after getting killed numeroys times, you should realize players are there to actually PvP and not sit by the trees sipping on a lemonade. Lol.

Trust me guys, i see people like that all the time. >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post
    I think you guys are completely wrong.

1. The pics shown to Sam were taking place in "forest fight". Lets face it, spawning in forest fight , or any pvp arenas for that matter, is completely different than in CTF arenas. In pvp arenas the "random" spawns after dying allow your opponent to not know where you will resurrect. In CTF, its impossible, as your base is the only place to spawn. I believe his comment was based towards the pictures that he had just seen which brings me to my second comment;

2. A couple months ago it was said by Sam that JustG was "brewing" something to fix the unfair spawning in CTF in the next major update.

So personally, I think CTF is what will get a makeover. Could be 5 second invulnurability? Or maybe even a door at your CTF base, that opponents cant enter. Either way, I think it'll be fixed.

This would be a good point if it were true.... The pic was from Rockwall forts (3vs3 ctf) and the other pic was taken from shadow cave town, I'm guessing after the game he scrolled up to screen shot the chat.

This is disappointing to say the least to hear from Sam....

It is part of the game to be spawn killed repeatedly by your 3 "opponents" entering a ctf game.

1# You have no time to buff

2# You manage to kill them.... Then get booted before you get to their spawn room to return the favor.

3# It's 3 vs 1. You invite anyone decent to help.... they boot them to leave you helpless.

4# All while talking trash.

That's a game you want to be proud of Sam?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shilooo For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

1. The pics shown to Sam were taking place in "forest fight". Lets face it, spawning in forest fight , or any pvp arenas for that matter, is completely different than in CTF arenas. In pvp arenas the "random" spawns after dying allow your opponent to not know where you will resurrect. In CTF, its impossible, as your base is the only place to spawn. I believe his comment was based towards the pictures that he had just seen which brings me to my second comment;

2. A couple months ago it was said by Sam that JustG was "brewing" something to fix the unfair spawning in CTF in the next major update.

So personally, I think CTF is what will get a makeover. Could be 5 second invulnurability? Or maybe even a door at your CTF base, that opponents cant enter. Either way, I think it'll be fixed.
    As Bobby Bouche (a.k.a. The Waterboy) once said: No Colonel Sanders, you are wrong. Those pics come from Rockwall Forts.

I may be old, but I know my PvP and CTF maps. Might wanna double check next time. Thanks.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Spawning isn't that bad, unless you really suck

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I like your Devil's Advocate, but allow me to 'counter' it...

1.) Regardless of what map is being played on, nobody should ever have the ability to spawn. It ruins gamer's experience - if the Devs tell us to "deal with it, or leave" then there's an issue. There are so many simple solutions to spawning (1 second invulnerability, Walls, etc.). Spawning leads to players trolling, building useless egos, and NOT TO MENTION THOSE LOCKED THREADS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE FORUMS THAT DEVS HATE.

2.) When you say a couple months ago, to me that's either in 3 years, or never. When's the last time STS has made 1 decent update to our legit content, other than cute little vanities that cost 50 plat? I don't understand where a major update would come in anytime soon with STS' current cycle of getting a big profit from making one game, then when it dies out, make a new one. History proves it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I'm sure it will, in 2016.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Just put in a group of barrels at the entrance that only hurt the enemy team.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Or spawn shield (invisibility) for like 3 seconds like most games....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

AL has an invulnerability bubble that lasts 30 seconds in the CTF spawn room... If spawning was a part of the game, then why is it blocked for the other Legend titles which are essentially the same thing but differently themed?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    You know what else ruins a player's experience? Having a Mage on their Ctf team that never heals...
    Dying xD

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

There are many things in pvp that may be fall under this category where spwning belongs to. Again this is ackward that somone spwan and then get banned, is this truely justified? specially when most of the pvp community did this, the only difference is few do it professionally, few do it on their enemies, few do it on nubs, alsp sometime who don't even know the meaning of spwning. Then perhaps most of the ppls should get banned, I personaly can show screenies where so called reputed players and guilds even who talked against spwning here, spwned someone who doesn't spwn atall, with the above mentioned alibi.

Those other things include which maybe fall in this category is that, for example, a new comer joined a pvp arena, he think this is arena and randomly attact someone consequence - he get teamed by other 3 ppls and get insulted brutality and bullied including random trash talking with the allibi that he rush? than again rushing is not against rules, these things also should be bandable offense? why not cause most of the so called good pvpers do it?

I don't spwn neither I support it, the thing that devs should not have done is not to say it pubically that will encourage these things which is not appreciatable, perhaps they did not have any choice cause ppls keep complaining about this. matter.

Obviously the right solution would be taking proper in game changes e.g spwn get or something rather declaring spwning not allowed and baning ppls.
    Last edited by Waug; 08-14-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Even devs said that, what could we do?.. AL AL..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Even devs said that, what could we do?.. Dang AL, Was it never exist.
    Wish*
    It's all AL and BD nowadays..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Wish*
    It's all AL and BD nowadays..
    irk, Ew..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

There are ways to solve to the spawning problem and booting problem.

For spawning, there could be: Invulnerability for X amount of seconds (2-3 Seconds?); Walls in your spawn room where once you exit the room, you can't get back in; A huge type of debuff for any player that walks into the opponents spawn room (damage is reduced by X amount, Lower dodge, etc.)

For booting, my solution is: A player can only boot a maximum of 3 people per game. Anything above 3 boots either means: you need to lock your game because your finding really bad players to play with, OR THAT PLAYERS INTENTIONALLY BOOT PEOPLE ONCE THEY START GETTING BEAT REPEATEDLY.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Let's wait a couple of years, the time PL comes back in

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    the roadmaps for Legends games.
    About ctf spawning issue, I had made this a long time ago. Still no implement:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=Spawning

Anyway.. Cya
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This post from Samhayne almost shocked me. Spawnkill just ruin PvP and its over-used mainly on this cap. Allow this just show how the staff dont care about PL. On AL there is a good system implanted against the spawnkill, its a proof that StS can do something about it.
    I think they forget AL wouldnt be there if PL pioneers wasnt here.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlyde View Post
    This post from Samhayne almost shocked me. Spawnkill just ruin PvP and its over-used mainly on this cap. Allow this just show how the staff dont care about PL. On AL there is a good system implanted against the spawnkill, its a proof that StS can do something about it.
    I think they forget AL wouldnt be there if PL pioneers wasnt here.
    Bang Bang I shoot You Down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
    Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
    Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

Yes, but at some point AL will turn to that. It's like saying STS is a new Gameloft lmao.